“We go for the bread...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Calandra's Bakery

Calandra's Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Calandra's Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Caldwell
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bloomfield Ave
Description: The Calandra Family welcomes you to "Calandras Italian Village". The Calandras passion for their Italian heritage and the importance of family values and traditions is evident throughout the "Villaggio Italiano.” Experience the old world atmosphere with European charm. Calandras il Vecchio Café where you and your family can enjoy homemade pastas, panini sandwiches, burgers, entrees and salads as well as pizza, flatbreads and calzones made with natural whole grain ingredients on our stone deck wood burning oven.
NJ
“We go for the bread...”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We usually go and spend $40 on bread it is so good and so fresh... I eat a piece in the car going home and eat a piece before putting it in the freezer. You take a loaf out of the freezer and it is as fresh as when you got it.. The round rolls are great for hamburgers...

We have taken food to go and yes it is pricey. We have eaten lunch as well. Never ate in the restaurant but they say it is not that good..

BREAD!!

• Visited July 2013

northern nj
“Perfect For Dessert - A Bit Too Expensive For Everything Else”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

After eating at the nearby Cloverleaf Tavern (see my other reviews), this was the perfect place to go for dessert. We've been here many times and my husband is able to pick out some sumptuous pastry while my kids revel in the gelata that is perfection.

The cons: the outdoor seating needs to be MUCH further from the smoking receptacles. The desserts are too good to be ruined by the smell of secondhand smoke. And the ala carte foods and grocery items are too expensive. I know of places in the area that carry many of those items at a cheaper price.

All in all, a nice place for desserts that you will want to return to again and again.

New Jersey
“Okay but it is overrated.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was there for a lunch and found the appearance very nice, We did find it hard to here each other unless we were sitting right next to each other. The food was okay but I did not feel it lived up to it's reputation. The worst part was the service. The wait person served the drinks to the wrong people (even gave two drinks to one of us). He seemed confused as to who ordered which meal. To finish it off, one person was handed her own bill while the rest (3 others) were on one bill (expected all on one bill). From what was observed it did not appear that the other wait persons were much better. Hopefully it was because it was a lunch as opposed to dinner. Will have to try a dinner sometime.

• Visited June 2013
“Good food and fantastic desert”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to dinner at Calandra's and were very impressed. We did not find the place overly noisy and had good service despite some of the other reviews I've read. The cannoli is to die for! The bread is excellent as well. Overall a very nice experience.

• Visited June 2013
“Good food,great bread, but issues”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This place has the potential to be great. The menu is fine. The service suffered, as I felt the restaurant was understaffed. I had to keep looking for my server. Not his fault , as he was good, but he had too much to do, as a result the service was slow. Then there was the wine list. It was Saturday night, we had ten people, a d they were out of more than four wines on there list. They are know for there own wines, and had none to share, but one red. Even the Italian villa anti nori was out. That's inexcusable on a Saturday night in June. There excuse was that they had a busy Friday and Saturday afternoon??? I wonder if they had any wine left to serve by Sunday Night. Good thing I was not there. When do they expect to sell wines, onMonday , Tuesday or Wed??? There purchasing leaves little to be desired . Maybe they should invest in more inventory. ??? I was very disappointed in that for my first visit to this place. I will give it another try someday.

Visited June 2013