“Make sure to double check your bill!!”
Review of Dolan's Irish Pub - CLOSED

Dolan's Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dolan's is a truly Irish Bar & Restaurant located in Burlington, NJ. Many restaurants call themselves Irish, but we really are! Enjoy many of our traditional Irish dishes and wash them down with beer imported from Ireland!
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The place could be Ok, but the ownership is a joke. The service is terrible and they ALWAYS overcharge you. You can get it it fixed but can never get a manager so it's a pain. I shouldn't have to check my bill with a fine tooth comb every time that I go into a place. I get overcharged a minimum of $10 every time I go there. I guess its your job to make sure they are not ripping you off. How many people are they stealing from?

The owners are there but non existent. I have asked for the manager on several occasions to no avail. I believe that they actually go and hide.
One time I asked for a clean plate and was told that I didn't need one. It was our 2nd order of wings and my plate (from the 1st order) was covered with bones and blue cheese. (they wanted us to use the same dirty plates). I insisted and they still refused. Then after multiple requests, the bartender actually wiped the plate with a napkin and gave it back to me. (dirty blue cheese smear and all). I know It sounds ridiculous but its absolutely true. I then asked for the manager who was sitting at the other end of the bar. The bartender slammed the dirty plate into the trash can, smashing it into many pieces. The female owner/manager got up and walked into the kitchen and never came out.

The other night, after being overcharged for at least the 20th time, I had to say something to the owner. Obviously, I had to seek him out. Somehow, he took my helpful complaint as criticizing his wife (co-owner) and said to go somewhere else if I didn't like it there.

Really??? You tell someone spending $200-$300 per month in your business to go somewhere else? Most people never say anything when they have a problem and just don't go back. My neighbor for instance refuses to go there because of an experience that he had. Management should want to know of any problems. In this place though its "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". They can bury their heads in the sand as the place goes out of business.

I only went here because it was 2 minutes from my house and has live music on the weekends. Doc's Irish pub is better in every way: Food, Atmosphere, service, and especially pricing. Dolan's charges $16 for a bacon Cheese Burger?

3  Thank Blair M

Reviewed June 1, 2014

went for open mic ... music was good service was slow , food was nothing to write home about ,, met the owner and wife ,, tried a few times ,, felt as if i was at a dentist office,, i would not ask them rude owners to run my lemon-aid stand ..
movin on ..

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We purchased a restaurant.com voucher for this restaurant, and if we didn't have that, I would have left. We dined on a Saturday night and the restaurant was sparsely populated, we were seated right away - very good. The waitress opened with "everything is made fresh to order". (She should have qualified that with "as long as it's what the kitchen wants to serve you"). I tried to order the tilapia special but rather than potatoes I wanted a different veggie. Apparently, this evening they were serving peas. (I dislike peas.) I was willing to have one serving of peas but asked to replace the potatoes with any other veggie. The answer from the kitchen was no, I could have two servings of peas. Really? I asked for roasted potatoes (as I noticed they were served with another dish) - no, I can have mashed potatoes or french fries. [At this point, I was ready to walk out except that we had to use our voucher. I plan to NEVER return.] Finally I asked for a side salad - that was acceptable as they had just run out to the store to get more lettuce but the peas were the special veggie so I was not allowed to subsitute anything else. I ended up having the mashed potatoes on the plate - they were nothing special and I didn't eat them. I did steal the pile of steamed kale from my husband's plate - why couldn't they offer me kale?! - so I could have two veggies. The meal was ok, nothing to visit again for, especially after the poor customer service. We ended the meal with the Guinness pudding - it was tasty, but very small for the price. Additionally, we had quite a bit of trouble finding the pub as none of our GPS' could reconcile the address with the location.....

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have eaten here about 5 times. I have had both amazing and horrible burgers there. They need to learn how to cook a burger! I ordered a burger medium, it was well done. I alerted the waitress, and she said she would tell the cook. She came back out and said the cook was cleaning the grill when cooking my burger so the grill was too high and it over cooked, that was it. No discount, but a full acknowledgement. I won't go there again. I will happily spend my $$ where they care about their customers and will prepare your food correctly.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

A nice neighborhood bar with fun activities scheduled. Great food and they know how to properly poor a Guinness!