“STAY FAR AWAY!! PLEASE ! WARNING!!”
Review of Dolphin Diner - CLOSED

Dolphin Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I had the most awful experience at the dolphin diner. We were all so happy to celebrate 2 birthdays in the family. We had a reservation,too. Well, it was off to a terrible start as soon as we arrived. The hostess informs us that she sat another party of 10 at our table and the other party didn't even have a reservation. Didn't the hostess think to ask that party their name? Hello? Then we got seated all the way in the back of the restaurant, in a banquet room, where we were not even approached for awhile. The floors(carpeting was so filthy,with food all over the place. Finally, a waiter approaches or table. first off, he was vey ignorant to questions and started to berate my mom,when she was asking questions about food items on the menu,like most people do. I could not believe how the waiter treated my mother. How could an establishment keep a waiter working here with such poor etiquette to people and no manners, act of kindness, no patience! So we were totally appalled with the treatment. We then,asked for another server,who would be nice. Well, it took along time for waitress to send another server. Once, we got another waitress, she seemed pleasant, but already told us she had a bunch of other tables to wait on and that she seemed totally overwhelmed. She began to tell us about all of the food items they were out of that night..When asked about their specials on the billboard, she said, I don't know whey they have anything written,as we don't even have any of these specials, tonight. Omg...This night just kept getting worse. Then, we waited almost an hour and a half,and noteven a roll or salad was put on our table. We had kids,too, who were patiently waiting. Unbelievable. We traveled 20 miles for what?Aggravation,ignorance,abandonment and poor treatment. Then, we just left as nobody was even attending to us at all. As we were leaving,the waiter whom we originally had,was actually,..clucking like a chicken as we were leaving. How mature is that?!!! Like I said, do yourself a big vavor and save yourself the drive and mostly the heartache and please, i geg..go anywhere else...Thank goodness, we were able to salvage the rest of the night of our birthday celebration dinner and found a wonderful diner in which our waitress was very attentive,kind and the diner was clean. We just went up the road to THE GOLDEN DAWN DINER ON RT.130. It was like night and day. I was being nice in this review,just sayin, I could have been alot more harsh with how we were treated but I am a lady.

3  Thank pumkiepeanut

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Dont know where to start.This place was a nightmare.We were a party of 10 that ran out of this place.Dirty carpets the waiter sas useless took one and half hours for our food nasty people they didnt care worst experience i ever had.STAY AWAY HOPE IT CLOSES.

2  Thank buzzsaw58
Reviewed December 21, 2012

When the restaurant changed names and upgraded it looks, we tried it a few times and found that the price of the food for a diner was a little pricey for the quality of an average diner food. There are other local diners that may not look as fancy but the quality of food and price are better.

1  Thank Gerald B
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Growing up in Philly as a kid I had good cream chipped beef. I haven't had it for about 20 years, so while on vacation on the east coast I was on the lookout for a place to hopefully get a good meal. We went to the diner and I had the best cream chipped beef that I ever had. The portions were big and I had good service. The restaurant was clean, shiney and bright. It was worth the long drive from my hotel to reach this diner, but it was well worth it.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Service was brisk and friendly on each of the 3 occassions we visited, one on Christmas Eve. The food's typical diner fare, large portions at about the going rate for most items. The restaurant's only a few years old, so still shiny. Look for Upromise points & specials & discounts.