“Had to find someone to wait on us”
Review of Big Apple Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Apple Cafe
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went in for breakfast and no one around. Ok so we sat down and waited. After close to 15 minutes got up and went to kitchen door and yelled in you have customers. Lady came out no sorry just handed us menu and asked if we know what we want. Once food came to table picked up ketchup and opened the top and got covered with Catsup as it had ferminted in bottle.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a Family of 6, we ate for a decent amount and the food was wonderful, will definitely be coming back...

1  Thank Sha D
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stop by a couple times a year (wish it was more) while commuting through south Jersey. I looked the Big Apple up after dining there tonight with my kids and was surprisingly shocked at the reviews. I've eaten there at least a dozen times over the years and have always had the BEST experience, food and friendly service. From the alligator bites appetizers to the delicately fried flounder sandwich with key lime infused tartar sauce and a wicked margarita that I swear was 'top shelf", everything was great. Service was friendly and it was nice to have "Nino" stop at our table to ask how everything was. My only complaint is that we live too far away to frequent on a regular basis. I recommend checking it out! My son's 4 chicken tenders were juicy and perfectly breaded (will sample the leftovers tomorrow) Best Regards...

1  Thank jscozz
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Probably best to avoid, on way to the shore. Keep going east on Rt 40 and stop at Villa Fazolari for much better food, and a great time.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I have been dining here off and on for a few years. Our go to place on the way to the shore. Unfortunately, the menu changes frequently for the worst. Only when the restaurant goes back to the original menu is the food great. Thursday again featured a new menu with limited choices. Our waitress was inattentive, clueless and uninformed. Our cocktails arrived after our salads and were wrong. After waiting more then 15 minutes for the correct drinks, we decided to order wine instead, which arrived at least 10 minutes later after dinner was served. My Tuna was overcooked, dry and inedible. My husband's dinner was just okay. My double vegetable was the same size as my husband's single. The salad and vegetables were the only things I ate. When the waitress asked how dinner was and I told her, even though clearly, uneaten, her response was " I'm walking away."

There must be a different chef as the food was never this bad.

It's remarkable that on the first night of a completely new menu, no management was on hand to see how the new menu was received or to ask diners opinions.

We left hungry, angry and extremely disappointed. I doubt we'll be back!