“hotel was ok for one night stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area

Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Port Jefferson, New York
“hotel was ok for one night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed at the HI Budd Lake for one Sunday night after attending a family reunion in the area, Aug 2013. We didnt arrive till evening. Day was hot and we could not wait to use the indoor pool. Pool area was very dirty! Food and garbage all over the place. There was no staff available to clean up. No towels either. Also, the hotel location was pretty isolated, no convenience stores or restaurants nearby. I had to buy 2 glasses of milk from the bar that night (bartender was helpful), cost $5.
Otherwise, room was clean and comfortable, we got a good nights sleep but just didnt feel like it was the usual Holiday Inn good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear andiesmom,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased to now that you found your room clean and comfortable. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Be aware this hotel is owned by a liar and Cheat,on one occasion We were charged for 2 nights stay when we only stayed one night.against my better judgement we booked another room a few months later and I specifically told the front desk person I was only staying one night and was very concerned I was not to be charges for 2 nights...well guess what, they charged us for 2 nights anyways and refused to make good,Basically called me a liar said my luggage was in the room and we extended our stay...well that's a good one for I did not even have any luggage in the room...

you would think after 7 calls to corporate I would get some where, guess again. there are better places to stay I the area anyways, so it was a blessing in disguise.

please do yourself a big favor and avoid this place...no good...hot tub has not worked in years terrible restaurant ...A/C was broke when we were there. Ice machine on our floor did not work and the place is kept up to bare minimum standards as far as being clean. bottom line a real dump.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Management08031, Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We thank you for your feedback on our property. We go through an intense process with our various departments to ensure checkouts are accurate and will not be inconvenienced if they desire to extend their stay an extra night which often happens. That is our job to provide service. Furthermore, the hot tub, air conditioning and ice machines all are functioning and have been doing so for the longer term. We do apologize for the issues you have experienced, and invite you back for a more satisfactory experience. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Budd Lake hotels

Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Chek in was quick and efficient. Line was out the door due to families arriving same time fir babe ruth softball tournament.
Room was ready early. Air worked great, was worried. No fridge in room. Asked for one and received next day. Should be standard. Room was clean and bathroom spotless. They had to accommodate many families dur go tournament.
Food at breakfast was awesome (not included) was worth price. Wings at the bar outstanding. (50 cent) special. Staff was very friendly. Need more washers and dryers. Courtyard was nice. Kids loved pool area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Our staff is fully dedicated to providing the ultimate in comfort and satisfaction for all of our guests, and we are extremely excited that you had an enjoyable experience. We will make sure we share this with our dedicated staff. Thank you so much -and we look forward to having you at our hotel again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Hotel for 2 nights and it was very clean and the staff was very friendly!! It's nice that this hotel allows you to bring your cat as well. We were very satisfied with our stay here at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I held my husband's surprise 50th birthday party because of the proximity of this hotel in our house. I can say, it could have been wonderful because of the Banquet Staff, from Mr. Pete, Ms. Letoya and the Banquet staff who attended to us. They were very friendly and very attentive to our needs. Kudos to these people. They are asset to this hotel. The food was great! With a big EXCEPT of the function room! When I went there to find out which hall will be assigned to me since I have at least 100 guests, they showed me this Salon B & C. I was assured that this will be able to accomodate 100 guests. I saw it was being renovated. Happy to see and hear that because of new carpeting. But did not expect that the big hose or tube for airconditioning will be there during my party. It was a turn off! I think that was a reinforcement for airconditioning. I thought that was just part of renovation during that time. Did not realize that it would be there during the party. I was picking my husband for the party and I was told by our guests and family that there was a black out. Also, the entire party, I was dying of heat. It was very warm inside the hall. I have worked for 11 years in the hotel industry and my husband for 22 years and having a good airconditioning system for party is crucial since, the guests need to be comfortable. All these guests and with the dancing, I feel like I was going to die of exhaustion. I tried talking to the Bryan who was assigne to us. But all I got was an apology. Nothing has done with the airconditioning. I will not recommend this function room not till they fix that hose and airconditioning system of this hotel. Unless you want and your guests to get soak with sweat after dancing all night long! But as I said, the staff were excellent! Everybody was pleasant and very friendly!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AgnesFA
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked a block of over 30 rooms for a wedding. Upon arrival we discovered the place was being renovated - wallpaper, paint, carpeting - with workmen everywhere. The A/C in the lobby and common areas was broken. There was very little the front desk manager was concerned about - we called him Chuckles. There is no free breakfast here - 11.95 for the buffet. They literally tore up the carpet in the hallway outside our room, leaving a sticky backing and razor blades in their wake. Wet paint was not marked, and my daughter and her bridesmaids had their gowns on for pictures, dodging ever so carefully all the construction materials and dirt. It is one thing to renovate, but they should have done it one floor at a time, closing off the work areas completely. I am done with Holiday Inns - this one just happened to be closet to the wedding hall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank villager05
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear villager05,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my deep apologies for the inconvenience our renovations may have caused during your stay. We are all very excited about this and how beautiful the hotel will look and hope you will come back once they have been completed.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to Oak Grove, Ky.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at this Holiday Inn as guests of a wedding. The room was very clean; the desk staff was very helpful. The hotel is obviously very accommodating of weddings and their guests. We were guests of one of three separate weddings in the same weekend. At the post-wedding party, the bar was well-stocked but over-priced. The check-in and check-out experiences were both were easy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area? Share your experiences!