“Great find!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Westwood, Massachusetts
“Great find!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend while attending an event in the area. The location off I-80 is convenient. The grounds are well manicured and quite welcoming. The rooms are clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and well equipped. The lobby is attractive and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Room service was quick and courteous. Several wedding parties were in residence so I asked if my room was away from the noise as I had to be up early the next day. The person at the desk assured me it was but said if I had any problems, please let them know and they would take care of it. The place was quiet by 10:30 pm so there were no issues with noise. The pet fee of $75 feels a little steep, especially for a one night stay. However, being a holiday weekend, my hotel choices were limited.I would still recommend this hotel to people due to the cleanliness and great staff working there. They made a very long trip worth it with their hospitality!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a comfortable place to stay. After one night stay we needed another room at the last minute. We could have found something else closer to where we needed to be the next morning, but we drove back to this one for another night. We didn't need anything fancy, just a simple hotel room that met all basic requirements that we could sleep well in.

Upon arrival, two lightbulbs needed replacing. Maintenance gave me couple. One didn't fit, so I had to get another one. No biggie. Room was clean. Service was good to average, I suppose it depends on who you get.

I have no idea what breakfast was like.

I've rated other hotel rooms with the same rating that had much more character than this one. This certainly has a more corporate type of feel to it. Still very good for its category.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a great time, great service and good recommendation by the barkeepter Charlie. Hotel is nice and had some good workshop organization. Only the aircondition was a bit too cold. Nice breakfast buffet and good lunch arrangements.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear KistlerJ,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed the service received from our staff and enjoyed the food served during your travel. I am sorry however for the issues you experienced with the air conditioner. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have stayed at this location one to three nights for four weeks in a row. The staff here is always friend and very helpful. Charlie the bartender is especially helpful as well as Erik the manager, The rooms are always clean and kept well., I would say this is one of the better holiday inns i have stayed at.

Room Tip: The windows open so if you life fresh air request higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I met a friend there that was staying at the hotel and he suggested that we eat at the restaurant. We had a great meal and our waitress Michelle was very sweet and attentive. We then went to the bar for one night cap and stayed for three because the bartender Charlie made us feel very welcome and we lost track of time. I would recommend this hotel to my other friends and family that come to visit me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here on a short business trip. Most of the gym equipment does not work. Does not serve lunch and the meals are very average. Staff are pleasant but the hotel really needs an upgrade. You need are car to get anywhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Peripatetic_Pro,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am sorry to know that you did not completely enjoy your most recent visit due to the condition of the equipments and if the meals served did not live up to expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently ran an event for the my University at the hotel and I can not say enouh good things about the venue. The price was reasonable, facility was beautiful and prepared way in advance, the staff was there to help with any and all last minute details, and the food was astonishing. It is in a great location right off RT. 80 and located near shops and resteraunts.

I highly recommend running any event at this venue, corporate or personal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Days Inn Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area? Share your experiences!