“Needs investment”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
New York City, New York
“Needs investment”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here on a short business trip. Most of the gym equipment does not work. Does not serve lunch and the meals are very average. Staff are pleasant but the hotel really needs an upgrade. You need are car to get anywhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Peripatetic_Pro,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am sorry to know that you did not completely enjoy your most recent visit due to the condition of the equipments and if the meals served did not live up to expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently ran an event for the my University at the hotel and I can not say enouh good things about the venue. The price was reasonable, facility was beautiful and prepared way in advance, the staff was there to help with any and all last minute details, and the food was astonishing. It is in a great location right off RT. 80 and located near shops and resteraunts.

I highly recommend running any event at this venue, corporate or personal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a comfortable place to stay, within a few minutes of a variety of restaurants.

There is a good breakfast buffet where you can get an omelette made to order, which is great. The staff in the breakfast room were really friendly when I was there, chatting to customers. Not everyone likes that but I felt like a valued guest. Well done!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on business for 6 nights in March, having travelled from my home in the UK. On arrival I was given a warm welcome by Donna and my reservation was processed very efficiently. The following morning, I was the first person to arrive in the breakfast room at 6.30am and Shannon greeted me. She proceeded to provide me with a comprehensive account of the food on offer and explained that Karen would cook eggs to order. Once again I was made to feel very welcome and my impression was that nothing would be too much trouble. On subsequent mornings, Shannon greeted me once again with a smile and helped me get the day off to a positive start. In the evenings, Mark provided a professional and efficient service at the bar and also gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble. He provided an excellent account of the various beers on offer together with his recommendations (thanks Mark, the Flying Fish IPA is very good). On my last evening's stay at Budd Lake, I met up with Greg the chef, who assisted me to select my evening meal. His recommendation was perfect and I enjoyed an excellent meal of spicy shrimp followed by T-bone steak, garden salad and fries and another bottle of Flying Fish. I would like to thank all the staff at Budd Lake, who made me feel very welcome and provided a truly home from home service. That's what you call service!! D Sherring.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My family and I just spent three nights here on a house hunting trip in Nj. Check in was easy and the staff was very pleasant. Rooms were clean and had plenty of space for the three of us. We had two double beds and they were comfy with tons of pillows. We ate breakfast every morning and all of us liked it. It is a hot breakfast with eggs bacon sausage and hash browns. You can also get an omlet made to order with pancakes or wafflesade to order. They had fresh fruit and pastries as well. Our waitress Dorine was the very friendly and extremely helpful with answering questions about the area. Karen the morning chef was great too. We ate dinner here one night at the bar and got hamburgers and wings. Plenty of food we could not eat it all. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub which we all enjoyed. Yes the hotel shows a little wear here and there but it didn't bother bus at all. In fact I have booked this hotel for our return trip to follow up with our house hunting trip.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The plus side:very big rooms, nice beds. Very clean. A big and clean bathroom. Overall a very nice and clean hotel. The breakfast is ok.
The minus side: rooms have no safe (locker) for personal staff.
The hotel has a gym, but the only working thing there is the TV. Even the clock was broken. The equipment is as old as America itself, no wonder almost all of it was broken. I would recommend them to change the training equipment and add a couple of dumbbells.

• Stayed February 2013
New London, CT
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nicely kept Holiday Inn, nicely located and very clean. The hotel offered breakfast, but no restaurant services for lunches or dinner. There was a small bar located in the lobby for nigthcaps. Staff was very warm and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Days Inn Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area? Share your experiences!