“Great Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Glen Rock ,NJ
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently stayed here whilst visiting the Lakota Wolf reserve in Columbia NJ. The staff was attentive and friendly. The room was clean; our breakfast was good and reasonably priced. I would defiantly stay there again.

Room Tip: Check out Salt Gastro pub, think it was about 15 minutes from the hotel but the food was amazing!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Homer S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
NY
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is easy to get to from I80. The staff was very nice and friendly. Our request to the manager for a specific room was honored. The room was clean and spaceous. The description for the hotel says it was renovated in Feb 2012. Some parts of it seemed renovated. The bathroom looked dated.
We enjoyed our stay and would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Our pleasure to serve you!
Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Not too much to say about the place. Staff are friendly, room was clean, overall pleasent place to stay. The only thing that you can complain about is that there is no free continental breakfast. Not that I have ever been somewhere with an outstanding one, but shocked and disappointed that you have to pay $11 to have breakfast in there resturant if you want to eat here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Homer S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. At Holiday Inn we do offer rates that include breakfast however discounted rates do not get complimantery breakfast. Again thank you for your business!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Nothing bad about the place, nothing really special about the place. It's fairly easy to get to, but not much around.

Rooms were a bit faded, bathroom a bit dated, beds a bit saggy, a/c unit a bit rumbly and loud.
The bartender was pretty good.
Didn't try the food.
Free coffee in the morning.

It seems like the place tries.
Just all in all it was nothing to write home about, it is what it is...a holiday inn by a big industrial trade area. Filled with business travellers and salesmen.

• Stayed September 2012
Homer S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us!
York, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I usually don't stay at a Holiday Inn but decided to give it a try since it seemed the best hotel in the area based on reviews from tripadvisor (and the reviews were mixed). I booked online for 2 nights for 1 adult and 3 kids in a king size bed suite with pullout sofa bed. I got to the hotel to check-in I was told by a poor English speaking lady that there was a conference table in my room. I didn't understand really what she was saying and thought she meant a small table with chairs. I'm not a business lady and didn't know what these rooms were. She asked me if this was okay and I said sure since I assumed something else because of the language barrier issue. I got to the room and sure enough there was a large conference table with chairs in the room. Off to the side there was a door that opens up to a king size bed. No king size bed suite that I booked!! I was very confused because she knew I had 3 kids with me and there was no room or beds for 4 people. I called down to the front desk and she told me this is what I had booked. I told her this was a lie and that the online form knew I had 4 people. I booked the suite. She told me there was only 2 rooms with a king size bed with pull out sofa and they were booked for 2 nights. I asked was there a room with 2 double beds, she said I had the last room in the hotel. I asked her if it made sense for me to book a business room with children, she didn't say anything. I was tired and had no where to go at this point. She offered a roll away bed. The roll away bed was brought by another poor English speaking man who just dumped off the bed in the doorway. The table was too heavy for me to move. So I had to wheel the bed and set up the bed in front of the door creating a fire hazard. The bed didn't fit 2 kids so I would have to have 2 kids in my bed and one in the roll away. We practiced leaping over the bed towards the door in case of a fire or other emergency (we were on the third floor so windows weren't an option). I was pissed and needed to cool off so I went to my friend's house where she offered for us to stay at her house (I don't like feeling like I'm a burden to my friends with 3 children). I agreed to have one child stay that night at her house and we make due for one night. I called the main Holiday Inn number and explained my situation to 2 people. They saw that I had made the reservation as I had explained and somehow the hotel overbooked and changed my room to the business one. It shouldn't have been done without me knowing about it and I should have been offered a different room for 4 people. He explained the manager of the hotel would be reprimanded for this mistake and I would be offered a free breakfast in the AM. How about no charges for the room and a free night? Nope, he stated I could stay the one night and not be charged for the second night if I decided to leave with less than 24 hrs notice. I decided to take up my friend's offer and not stay the second night since they weren't going to charge me for it. The hotel is expensive to stay at too. The night manager of the hotel called to say sorry for everything and the hotel was overbooked. He stated that some people didn't have a place to stay because of the error. I explained that you don't have 4 people stay in a room designed for 2 people!! It's not legal!! Plus the fire hazard!! Overall, the hotel appears to be in good shape but had some kind of odor lingering in the hallways. The room was a nice business room with a comfortable bed but obviously not for families. I probably will never stay at a Holiday Inn again after this horrible experience. They took the risk of endangering my family which is unacceptable. I'm thankful for my wonderful friend for coming to my rescue. I have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime and this was the worst experience I have ever encountered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gina P
Please accept our apology, hope you will give us chance to serve you again. Third party sites book a room not a room type and unfortunatly last room available was booked for you. Please contact us for your next visit and we will make it right.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked at the last moment on labor day weekend. The staff was very accommodating, The front desk truly went out of their way to accommodate us. Plenty of parking with nice swimming pool. The only issue was when we entered the bathroom was smelling weird..not sure if was like wet clothes sitting for a long time or pee... We were just so tired that we crashed, we did not have the energy to go to front desk and move. It was limted to the bathroom only though, so we slept well. In the morning we quickly got ready and went to the hiking and stuff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Homer S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, our pleasure to serve you!
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We recently stayed here and were pleased with the accommodations. The staff was very nice and helpfull. The rooms were very clean and nice. Alot of food choices in the area- just not that easy to find! Used a coupon from roomsaver.com and saved a bundle!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Homer S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and our pleasure to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
Days Inn Budd Lake
#4 of 4 in Budd Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Holiday Inn Budd Lake-Rockaway Area? Share your experiences!