“Ok, in a place with few choices.”

Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Budd Lake
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while my husband worked a project for a couple of months. Staff was friendly when you could find someone. Housekeep only shows up once a week if you get lucky. Walls are paper thin and the bed in our room was like sleeping on the floor. No ammenaties though...no pool, grills, work out room...etc. Does have pay laundry but usually they are disgusting from the gross men who live here. However, there aren't many options for clean, long term hotels here so we made it work. If you have another option, I would explore it. At least this place is clean.

• Stayed: February 2013
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great Place to stay. I stayed here a couple of times before deciding to stay long term. Have been here over five months and have no complaints. I'm not big on eating out, so having the ability to cook my own meals is a huge plus. The employees are very friendly and helpful. Whether you're traveling on business, vacationing, or in between places, if you're looking for a place that is clean, quiet and provides the comforts of home, then based on my experience I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

"I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay in our Budd Lake location. It has been an absolute pleasure having you as a valued guest. Our goal is to make you feel right at home and based on your review, I would like to think we have done so successfully. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to being your #1 hospitality choice."

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Have never taken the time to write a review but this placewas really nice. We stayed for three nights while visiting family. The room was very nice, clean and updated and quiet. The kitchenette was great to have with the kids.hotel staff was very friendly and gave us extra towels and even razors when we asked. great grab and go breakfast every morning too! Awesome location. Value was excellent, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here many times for business always clean rooms acommadating staff and centrally located to restaurants and shopping its my ace in the hole for 3 days or more. Only negative entrance doors to hotel should beself opening (open out ) always have to put bags down and need more channels on cable. But thats my only personel grip. Great place

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hotels.com did a fantastic job booking the reservation and giving me a good price. However, I had a few issues with the hotel.
1) First, the only rooms this place had available were smoking rooms. It smelled like stale smoke and now everything that I brought smells like smoke too (including my hair).
2) It was a cold night and I was looking forward to taking a hot bubble bath when I got to the hotel. There were 2 problems with this...a) As I was trying to get the water hot, the water wouldn't drain and there were pieces of black mold floating around the tub that came up from the drain. I'm not sure if it was because they tried to snake the tub or what, but if so, it was clearly unsuccessful b) The water did not get hot. I obviously decided to take a shower instead because I wasn't going to bathe in mold, but had the goosebumps the entire time. The water was cold and never got hot.
3) The toilet had yellow/orange guck near the rim.
4) There was hair on my pillow
5) There were crumbs on the kitchen floor
I never felt clean in that room. I had to walk on the floor with my socks and put my t-shirt on my pillow so that I could sleep on something clean. I will never go back to that hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel extensively, soemtimes for weeks and montly at a time. When we lost power during Huricane Sandy I had little choice but to check into a hotel. While Normally Ext Stay in Budd Lake is around 84.99 per night. I am accustomed to Paying around 150+ for a Sunday-Friday week when I travel. Well during the storm their daily rate jumpted to 179 with Tax I stayed for 2 nioghts and tried to check out at noon but was told I missed the 11am deadline so I was charged the extra nights because they could not accomidate me. A few days later I noticed not only 3 charged of 179 and change but 6 charges of 179 and change. My bank PNC was happy to give me a provisional 179 credit but would not do the 2 179 charges. So I called them, Ext Stay is well aware of this it happened to many of out guest they say, and they say their Bank Chase is working on crediting people but they have no ETA on when it will be resolved. Resolved I say At this point I am not interested in resolving when they already are double charging you. I am filing a complaing and I intend never to use Extended Stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were at the hotel due to power outage due to hurricane Sandy. The staff made us feel so at home. The room was clean and the location was convenient and allowed us to maintain some order in our life during a time of uncertainty.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Budd Lake
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Hackettstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Mt. Olive - Budd Lake? Share your experiences!