“No way”

Red Carpet Inn Fort Dix
Red Carpet Inn Fort Dix
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Browns Mills
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

First the woman gave us a key to another person's room!!!!!!! Scary and awful. Then, the sheets were dirty and the bathroom was filthy--urine on the toilet seats. The cold water did not work. Dirty and poor service. Stay away!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Chris C

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My sub-contractor, stayed for 3 days in November. Because of the lack of electricity, he was given only a hand-written receipt listing the days he stayed, but not any dollar amounts. We have been trying to get an official receipt with room charges so that we can reimburse travel. We have been trying to get an official receipt with room charges so that we can reimburse travel. I and others at my company have called the hotel numerous times and have been promised that a receipt will be faxed. What we received today is a blank piece of paper. The property has been rude, hung up on us, and lied to us. All I want is a receipt that lists the hotel name, address, and the nights, room rate and taxes so this can be submitted for business travel reimbursement.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Florence A
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Horrible place, shut it down!! The bathroom is left over with used soap, spider webs, and the bad smell!!! Seems very danerous at night and would not recommend for anyone else!! STAY AWAY!!! :( not clean at all, looks like a hunted house .....

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Stephy20
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The worst hotel i have ever been at. Do not go there.The health inspector should not allow this hotel to operate.The sheets were stained with hair on them.The bathroom was absolutely gross. The room was never vacuumed, there was dust everywhere. We were scared to lay on the bed due to bed bugs, lice ect. When we arrived there the room had to be 100 degrees they never turned th A/C on and when we did turn the A/C on it did not work. This hotel has to be the worst hotel I have ever been to. FILTHY.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Alex M
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Let me begin with the check in... I was "greeted" by a woman in the office with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth that said "What'd you want?!" I should have turned around and walked out, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. BIG MISTAKE!!! I walked into my room and the carpet squished under my feet... It wreaked of cat urine and cigarette smoke. (I requested a non smoking room) I opened all of the coffee packs in an attempt to absorb the smell. I ironed my clothes with the raggety iron and ironing board that has been there since 1964 then went to buy lysol and "smell-good" spray. IT STILL DIDN'T WORK!!! I went to my car and slept there (only because two of my friends were staying in the same rat trap). In the morning my friend came downstairs with a spider bite on his side that is now infected and he will require out-patient surgery to get rid of whatever he contracted from this disgusting place. The best part was, I went into the office in the morning and demanded a refund and they tried to not give me my money back!! I was in awe. The only reason I got most of my money back was because I threatened to call the health department on them. In fact, I think that will be my next call. The idiot, Victor, charged me 64.00 for the night I slept in my car... The Ramada, right off I-295 is only 72.00 and SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!! Talk to terry at the front desk. She is an amazing help!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, none of the rooms are good. Go to the Ramada Inn off I-295
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank Chris H
Reviewed July 19, 2011

omg where do I start........filthy!!! Walked into room it smelled so bad,floors were so dirty I was afraid to take my shoes off. Stands had dirt and ashes all over in them. Shower god now thats a story of its own......hair,dirt,and mold covered the shower curtain....gross!!! The area and people around i was afraid to go out the door alone....all n all very very bad choice!! Cheap but not worth it.....hope I dont get bed bugs....ewwww!!!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Jiggyjanice
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I just got to my room and where do I begin? First there is about a one inch gap from the door and the frame. Cold air is constently coming into the room. They state cable tv but they failed to mention you only get 10 channels. The shower still had hair in it. As for location, I wouldn't step foot outside the door alone. I am supposed to be here a few more days but I am seriously thinking about cutting my losses and finding another hotel. I have stayed in other "cheap" hotels but this one is by far the worst. I guess you get what you pay for with this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ArmyDoll

Been to Red Carpet Inn Fort Dix? Share your experiences!