“Disgusting motel and left a bad taste in my mouth.”

Motel 6 Philadelphia,PA-Brooklawn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brooklawn
Holland
“Disgusting motel and left a bad taste in my mouth.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Worst hotel ever. Looks can b deceiving on the Internet, beware. Location sucked,scary,dirty. Hotel is extremely rundown,old,dirty,smelly,unkept, and overgrown. The room was smelly, mold in the bathroom wall. Took a shower after we checked in with my flip flops on. Needless to say we had booked a three nite stay but did not stay a single nite but paid for one nite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Davenport, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

So, I booked this hotel through Yahoo! Secret Deals (which I absolutely love). This is the first major disappointment that I have had. I have used secret deals several times before. I have always been assigned a great room. Until now!

The room was smokey, even though it was a non-smoking room. We only had 1 king bed, even though the reservation stated 3 people (I understand that the Secret Deal guidelines state room/bed assignment is left to the venue). Our clothes, that never left our suitcase smell completely of smoke.

There were burns on the sheets and the blanket. There was some kind of dark red splatter on the wall between the bed and the night stand, which could have been blood. The smoke detector was hanging down, not in place like it should. When I first arrived there was no one at the front desk. I waited for at least 12 minutes before someone arrived.

In the bathroom there was a separate trash can for tampons and condoms (it was written on the trash can). The bathroom sink faucet was not securely attached. In order to use the pool you had to go to the office and get a pass, like you would at some shoddy gas station bathroom with the key attached to a wooden plank (not saying the pool pass was attached to anything).

I definitely complained about the room when I left. I was only there one night, I arrived, showered, then left. I was on a time crunch when I checked in and did not return until after midnight. When I checked out in the morning and told the front desk about the smoke detector just hanging, the front desk attendant just said, "No worries," as if I was the one to detach it from the wall and forgot to put it back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Brooklawn hotels

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel was in New Jersey but only couple of mile from philly. When I checked in the staff was nice and helpful in terms of info about downtown philly. The room was nice and clean. They had refrigater in the room so that was nice. The pool was open and not packed so it was fun. The best part about the stay was the breakfast . the yhave make your self waffles. The only problem was that from out side the hotel looks little rundown. But the rooms were not bad. I would recommend this hotel for the price.

2 Thank Kyshenin
JACKSONVILLE
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Conven ient and quick access to PHL Airport, major attractions, theatre, sports, entertainment, dining, shopping and Jersey Shore points. We chose this property due to it's close proximity to a family function. We've stayed here in the past and will stay here again. Major flaws: broken window screens make for shabby appearance, out of order vending machine and laundromat, limited ice and HOT WATER. I asked about the water and the temp setting was increased a whopping two degrees--from 105 to 107! Not enough in my opinion. Major stars: housekeeping staff freindly and efficient, breakfast and pool areas clean and inviting, room clean and odor free, bed/pillows. comfortable, no bugs. This
is a budget property (less than $75 for 3 adults) NO FRILLS. Restaurants and shops easy walk. We WILL stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BARBARA M
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Room smelled so bad all of our belongings had to be washed when we returned home and the stench was in our hair. The bathroom fan was held on by duct tape. The floor was coming up in many spots. The carpets were disgusting and sticky. (enter shudders here) Did I mention the smell? I even threw the bed spread out the door to help relieve us, but to no avail. The lobby is very clean and pretty and nice. The breakfast was surprisingly good. But the room had no redemptive qualities. I stay in lower starred motels when I travel but this was terrible at any price. This is not my typical Days Inn experience. I am sorry we stayed there. It was part of my daughters 16th birthday gift. Boo. I took pictures of the most offensive qualities, and sent them to the Days Inn Corp. They were more than happy to refund my money...it was the first time I have ever made a complaint to a hotel. I stayed in a Days in this past week in Columbus and it was awesome!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.