“Great cheesesteaks”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
De Leon Springs, Florida
“Great cheesesteaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped in for lunch and split a 17" Cheesesteak and barely finished. It was loaded with perfectly cooked steak and cheese and the roll was just right. We really like Philly Cheesesteaks and this was a good one. Everybody in the area agreed it was good when we mentioned we ate at Gaetanos so it has a good local reputation.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank buffalobob666

Gloucester City, New Jersey
“Best Cheesesteaks in Land of Cheesesteaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

In South Jersey there is a cheesesteak shop on every corner, and most are very good. But there is only one best and that is Gaetano's. The portions are huge, a "mini" is large enough for most. They actually have a full menu, but I don't know how it is because I always order nothing but a cheesesteak. (Gaetano's is a chain in S Jersey but they are very variable in quality so above review is only for Brooklawn)

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Blake A
Westville, New Jersey, United States
“Truly the Best steak sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I consume many steak sandwiches and Gaetanos makes the best. The meat is finely sliced and PLENTY of it. The large is 18" long and the mini is large enough to satisfy. The owner is very affalible and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank sjferret
Westville, NJ
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The service is exceptional and the food was terrific, hot and served quickly. The only thing I disliked was having to leave.

Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“Best Philly Cheesesteaks Outside of Philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

A friend was visiting from out of town. Its dinner time. Do we want to go for a fancy meal? No ... How about a cheesesteak?

My north-Jersey nephews know about cheesesteaks from watching sports events against the Philly teams. I've taken them to all the famous Philly cheesesteak spots, but they didn't like them. Last time I took them to Gaetano's and they LOVED it.

So off we went to Gaetano's in Brooklawn.

We could get two mini steaks (enough for one person), but that gets expensive. A "small" is more than twice as big, and on a much wider hoagie roll, and just a couple of bucks more. So lets save some money, get one bigger steak, and share it.

My friend doesn't know what to order on a steak sandwich. He tells me to just surprise him, so I order a small cheesesteak with sauted onions, fried green peppers, mushrooms and provalone cheese, and an order of curly fries.

We were worried about what if that wasn't enough food? The waitress, Misty, says "Don't worry. We've got slices (of pizza) too." Not to worry .. the steak and fries filled us both up.

Some people measure the quality of restaurants by whether cops eat there. There were two police cars from adjoining towns there while we were there.

There are Gaetano's steak shops all over south Jersey. They are each individually owned, and some are better than others. At least one is take-out only. The Brooklawn Gaetano's seems to be the best combination -- GREAT food, and lots of tables.

• Visited April 2012