“Incredibly Impressive. Easily Compares to the Borgata for 1/3 the Price!”
Review of La Sammana Resort

La Sammana Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brigantine
Roselle Park, NJ
“Incredibly Impressive. Easily Compares to the Borgata for 1/3 the Price!”
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I was going to the Borgata for a special event and didn't want to drive home the same evening. I usually get complimentary rooms there because they enjoy enough of my money, but I didn't qualify for a Friday evening, so I booked the room at La Sammana about a week prior and paid $65 including taxes and fees for a Metropolotian suite. I was a bit weary about staying even with the positive reviews because I always feel I'm going to be one of the ones who has the awful experience, but I was blown away by the cleanliness, excellent service and amenities for the price that I paid.

The room was average sized with a queen sized bed. The decor was absolutely beautiful and modern with lots of amenities not typical in a regular hotel room. My first impression was absolute amazement and even my boyfriend who's not one to comment on aesthetics mentioned how nice the room was. In the Metropolitan suite there is a 2 burner electric stove, stainless steel appliances including a nice sized refrigerator and dish washer. There is a microwave, coffee maker and toaster along with all the kitchen items you might need to prepare meals during an extended stay like cutting board, silverware, pots and pans, glasses, hand towels and pot holders, etc.

The bathroom was equally beautiful and very clean with plenty of towels and wash cloths. The shower pressure was very nice and there was lots of hot water. There were a few basic toiletries and extra complimentary items you could request at the front desk if needed. The elegent magnifying mirror and modern sink made me feel like I was in a spa :)

The bed was very comfortable with clean soft sheets and there were extra pillows in the closet which was nice. One thing I feel I should mention is the size of the bed. For me it was perfect but my boyfriend who was 6'3 felt a bit cramped. Next time we come here we might consider the Serenity Suite, which is more expensive but has a King Sized bed. There is also a pull out Queen sized futon in case there are a number of people sharing the same room. There was a flat screen tv with cable channels and a sony radio/cd player which the bf enjoyed very much. We didn't hear a single person or door slam during our stay. We stayed on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.

We didn't use the gym or the pool so I can't comment on those things but everything else was really great. The customer service especially was so nice. Prior to arriving we called to advise of late check in and when we woke up late in the morning we got a friendly call from the staff who told us to please take our time (even though they don't offer late check out). They were friendly, professional, and courteous in every way. I'm glad I chose this hotel and I will definately return in the summer with my swimsuit ready to use their roof top pool!

Some things worth mentioning:
1.) There is a sink and plenty of dishes to use during your stay but they do warn if you leave dishes in the sink you are going to be charged a $50 housekeeping charge. However there is a nice dishwasher you can use if you don't want to spend time washing dishes.

2.) Free parking is in a lower level parking deck which is well lit and spacious.

3.) The distance to the Borgata is approximately 8-10 minutes and a few minutes further for the other casinos on the boardwalk. It was very easy to get to from the AC expressway

4.) The beach is just a few minutes away and there is a gas station and Wawa just down the road in case you want to fill your refrigerator for a longer stay. There is an ice machine on each floor and vending machines for snacks in the main lobby.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank itzme_yoly23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I love the ultra modern decor here. We exchanged here a couple years ago, for a quick getaway to the AC area, and our trip here again this year found the place to be in excellent shape with the same friendly staff. I like the fact that it is so close to the casinos, dining and shopping in Atlantic City yet in a nicer, quieter area. The bed is so comfortable, and the furnishings and lighting are excellent. There is a ton of drawer and closet storage. I also like the fact that the one bedroom units have one and a half bathrooms.

I would love to be able to exchange here in the summer since the beach nearby looks great.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mderabas
Harrisburg
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was quite spacious and very clean. The hotel is located in a very nice area, yet is just minutes away from downtown AC! We would definately go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Warrenton, VA
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We stayed at the La Sammana for 1 week in a one-bedroom unit with a pull-out sofa and a king-size bed. It was very comfortable. The kitchen included a full-size fridge, a two-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, but no stove.

Almost daily, we visited the beach which is only a block away. It's a beautiful beach--very clean with lifeguards. We tended, however, to bring back a lot of sand to the hotel room and there was no broom to clean it up. The resort offered once-a-week cleaning and we could have called down to borrow a vacuum.

The resort does not offer any recycling.

We made use of the on-demand shuttle to Atlantic City (to Bally's and Borgata). From Borgata, you can easily walk to Harrah's and from Bally's the entire Boardwalk and City Walk (outlet shopping are easily accessible).

The proximity to Atlantic City is nice and you are in a family-friendly small town atmosphere where it is a little quieter. The local restaurants are mostly family-operated (no chains!).

The small rooftop pool is a nice break from the beach and has a good view.

Our 8-year old enjoyed her stay and loved the resort--her one complaint: she couldn't easily reach the toilet paper. We made a day-trip to Great Adventure (Six Flags) which is about 1:30 hours away.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Clean, friendly and full of what we needed. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. One block from the beach. We had an ocean view, a pool on the roof and all the ammenties of home, right in our room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This was not our first trip to Brigantine Beach but it was our first trip to LaSammana. I was pleasantly surprised. The units were very clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Since we stayed a week, we were impressed by the large amount of closet and drawer space we had. The one bedroom unit features two bathrooms which is great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The common areas were very well maintained and clean. I used the fitness center which had nice equipment and was private. We did not use the small rooftop pool but did sit on the sundeck. I would love to return later in the summer to fully experience the pool. Our unit, 325 did not have a balcony which was a bit of a disappointment. The resort is only one block from the beach and easily accessible to area restaurants and of course, the nightlife in Atlantic City. We love the area because it is peaceful, quiet, safe and has a beautiful beach unlike Atlantic City, yet you can easily get to AC if you wish. We will definitely return to La Sammana.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LPWNewYork
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed at La Sammana Saturday night. The room was $190 including tax. The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and nice. They continually asked us how our stay was and if we needed anything. The hotel is decorated in a modern theme. The rooms were big and clean. The stereo, DVD player, and flat screen TV were a nice touch. The hotel is only a block to the beach. The shuttle runs on demand to the Borgata (and other casinos) until 11:30PM. The driver was very nice. Since we told him it was unlikely we would return before 11:30, he gave us cards for Brigatine taxi. We were grateful for the card. We tried to grab a cab outside the Borgata but the driver wanted $30 to return to the hotel. We jumped out and called Brigatine taxi and the fare was only $12. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erincmull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigantine
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel
Bally's Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City
#6 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to La Sammana Resort? Share your experiences!