“Resort Tour”
Review of La Sammana Resort

La Sammana Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brigantine
Reviewed March 18, 2006

We were invited to LaSammana to take a tour of the resort and to discuss RCI timeshares. We were promised a dinner for two, four round trip air tickets, and a three day two night stay in a resort. We drove 1 and a half hours to the place and when we got they they refused to show us the tour because we had kids under four years of age. I was approached by the hotel manager and was asked, "and what do you want" as she stared into my eyes in a very aggressive manner. When I called my marketing representative he acted surprised but his suggestion was to call a baby sitter in Atlantic city , drop them off and return to the tour. How can anybody call complete strangers and depend on them to watch your kids? The fact that this was their way to fix a miscommunication, shows that they did not have my best interest at heart and they would do anything including putting my family in danger just to get a sale. Be very wary of this tour at LaSammana in Atlantic city.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank stan l

Reviewed January 15, 2006

This hotel has just undergone major reservations and it is fabulous. We stayed in a Serenity Suite. The pictures that are posted on Expedia are extremely outdated. You should go to the actually website of the hotel to see accurate photos. What you see is really what you get. As for the reviews regarding rude staff, I experienced nothing of the sort. Jerry at the front desk was extremely helpful. He equipped us with local information such as nearby restaurants for dine in or delivery. There is also a shuttle on demand to the Borgata if you are interested. One thing to note, the hotel is NOT in Atlantic City, it's a Brigantine which I now know is a seperate island with their own beach. If you drive, it's still a perfect option. It's only 5 minutes from Harrahs or the Borgata.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2006
10  Thank mvalette
Reviewed September 19, 2004

If I could have put in negative stars, I would have. From the parking lot, to the lobby, to the room, it went bad, badder, baddest. The parking lot is narrow and poorly lit. The lobby looked like a bad Miami Vice set. The room, while on the large size, was pitifully decorated but, worst of all, the air conditioner was possibly the loudest mechanism I have ever heard. Please do yourself a favor. Pack a tent and camp on the beach.

9  Thank Robt M
Reviewed August 31, 2004

To be honest I was disappointed in this hotel. From the moment of check in, which took at least 45 minutes, I became agitated. We stayed from Sunday until Wednesday. The ad they use says, "steps to the beach". Well, that's a lot of steps! Rooms were clean enough, but not attractive at all. When asked where the ice machines were we were told we have to go to the front desk for ice. I never before had to leave a 50.00 "security deposit" for a hotel room before, talk about tactless. Everything including beach badges required a "deposit". Hallways were extremely warm. Sleep was just about impossible, because the units that are used to cool the room come on and off with such a roar, that you are awakened from a dead sleep. Next time I have to be in the area, I will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2004
5  Thank Maureen8951
huntington, ny
Reviewed February 15, 2004

great for price, definitely would recommend. room was clean, staff was very attentive.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pontiac, MI
Reviewed January 9, 2004

While the website is decieving and there were signs of remodeling, the overall decore was Miami Vice circa 1984. It was pretty clean, but the furniture and carpet were played out. While the location was great, it was certainly not luxurious.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Audubon, NJ
Reviewed November 2, 2003

My 3 year old Daughter was playing on the floor and bugs started crawling on her. Mold in the bathrooms. And we had to ask for our own toilet paper. It was an extreme nightmare!!!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigantine
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget
#9 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to La Sammana Resort? Share your experiences!