“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'aragosta Restaurant - CLOSED

L'aragosta Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Best Italian food in south jersey without a doubt. I had the Zuppa de pesche and it left me speechless my wife loves the pollo arrabiata which is phenomenal!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dantheman12345677

nj
“Service is horrible - food inconsistent”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Poor service from the minute you enter the door. Cramped dark dining room. Waitress was the worst, never refilled our water, never asked how anything was, never cleared appetizer dishes before bringing entrees. Food was inconsistent. Two of us had the veal the same way. One was cooked well with great sauce and the other was tough and laying in a bowl of oil. Branzino special was delicious and a different seafood entree tasted like fish was bad.

1 Thank travelingwithboysNj
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude, no class owner!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Never again will I go here! I live in Brigantine and use to love this place, the service was always shabby but the food was pretty good, a little expensive for what you were Getting . The last time I was there I ordered the filet tips, which was one of the specials for that evening, I don't know what they served me but it certainly wasn't "filet". When I told the waitress it was terrible she sent the owner to our table, once he came over he was anything but apologetic, basically told me I don't know what I am talking about and I don't know what filet is. Ha!!! Tonight we decided to give it another chance. When we walked in we were not greeted but instead looked up and down by the same owner, maybe because we weren't dressed to his approval (shorts and sandals) he was so rude never even said as much as hello to us, we had to approach him and tell him we were a party of 3 ( it was empty mind you, labor day weekend) he continued to just stare at us without saying a word at that point we walked out and decided to go to Andres, which by the way was Fantastic! Maybe his restaurant would have had more patrons on a holiday weekend had he not been so rude!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mary m
Medford, New Jersey
“An ugly way to end a beautiful day”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My party of 5 entered the crowded restaurant and was seated immediately. We placed our dinner orders right after receiving our drinks. The waitress then brought a basket of bread to the table. The 2-hour wait begins! We scan the restaurant and all the tables seem to have no dinner plates on them. Our waitress comes over and asks if we want more bread. She says nothing about our food. Now it starts getting ridiculous as an hour and half passes by. We hunt down our waitress who is in the back chatting with other servers and inquire about our food. She finally comes over to the table and says it going to come out soon and they only have one cook. We keep waiting as our appetite is ceasing because of the aggravation. The bus boys are walking around the restaurant as they have no dishes to clear because no one has any food on their table! Another 5 minutes, another 10 minutes, another half hour...where is our waitress? where is the manager? Where is the host that was so intent on getting us a table, but does not once come over to explain the situation or offer us some complimentary salad or appetizer? We get up to walk out as our aggravation is unbearable and here comes our food. We decide to sit back down as we are starving. The waitress has the nerve to give us an attitude! She does not offer any apologies and does not come back to the table after delivering the meal. Shame on you and you just ruined your chances for a tip!! Thanks for treating us to ice cream ;) The food was not even hot and the pasta was rubbery. We will never, ever go back to this restaurant. Management and service is terrible! You need to teach your staff how to treat customers with respect! You may have some regulars, but you won't be getting any new ones!!!

philadellphia
“A 17 dollar salad”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner here- the pasta was delicious and the bread was fantastic. We got the mango salad as an appetizer which was on the specials list the waitress read to us. however I didn't ask the price- shame on me. The average price for salads was no more than $10 so we assumed that it would be the same price.

Wrong- we got the bill and it was $17. Yes for a salad with lettuce , goat cheese, mangos and craisins. I was appalled as it was more than our 2 entrees!
I went to the owner asking if it was a mistake and he said "No. It had mangos. It Was a special". Really??? I was disgusted and shocked they had the nerve to charge us this - and didn't offer to compensate for it. This place was great until then so before ordering - ask how much it is or you will find yourself broke!!