“Well worth the two-hour drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'aragosta Restaurant - CLOSED

L'aragosta Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
NYC
“Well worth the two-hour drive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My parents fell in love with this restaurant while staying in Brigantine a year ago. This year, while they were visiting us in central Jersey for Christmas, they insisted we make the drive back to Brigantine, just to eat here again. The food is delicious---especially the supa de pesci---and the staff is so welcoming. They treated us like family, even bringing out a special plate of bread without garlic for my 9-month-old son. When I eat there, it reminds me of the few times I've been blessed with eating such meals in Italy. The atmosphere is very similar, and the food just as authentic.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank melatkin

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Low value. Overcooked oily linguine. Shellfood was sandy and salad over dressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a green salad and the Zuppa Pesce. The salad was drowned in the dressing and I could not taste the greens which were crisp.
The Zuppa was overcooked, shellfish tiny and sandy and the lobster tail was like chewing a tire. The linguine olio aglio was overcooked and heavy with oil. And on top of this all the price was $100 for my wife and me.

“Who ever said rip off full of crap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Laragosta is an incredible resturant and not like that at all very warm and friendly your always treated like family no one rips off who ever wrote that grow up and stop being miserable food outstanding and so is service

2 Thank Michiemzi
delaware
“Rip off!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I returned today for lunch after going one night for dinner.
Never again.
Dinner was ok, but lunch was horrendous.
I first asked for escarole and bean soup, which wasn't on the lunch menu.
I also ordered a frittata.
The soup was very good, but without much escarole.
The frittata came out raw, with runny eggs coming out when I cut into it.
When I got the check, they charged 12.00 for the soup alone.
The waitress said it was because it came with shrimp, but I just asked for beans and escarole.
We ordered 2 orders, so for 24.00, after refusing to reduce the price, we asked for the shrimp to go!
I really get disappointed when an establishment takes advantage of its customers

It is dark and dingy, and I'm not sure how it stays in business.

West Orange, New Jersey
“Great supa de pesci”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had a great supa de pesci served in a casserole with a side of spaghetti with oil & garlic at L'aragosta Restaurant this past Saturday night. I've eaten in many Italian restaurants in NYC, NJ and California and I'm telling you, this dish was special. The setting of the restaurant was plain, the patrons were casual with lots of families and locals. I highly recommend this restaurant over the fake restaurants in AC.

• Visited July 2012