“Wonderful restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Brigantine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Hooper's is a casual 48 seat seafood restaurant attached to our fresh fish market. Friendly smiling faces, great seafood and a quaint nautically themed café await you when you chose to dine with us. A BYOB, we are open seasonally from March through September.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ate here while staying in AC last week based on TA reviews. ... Small restaurant sets about 40, seafood shop next door. As a non seafood eater I ordered ribs which were very good and my seafood loving husband ordered crab stuffed flounder and loved it, as well as the lobster bisque. The menu is full of fresh seafood..you name it and its there..it's a BYOB place which we didn't know.next time we will bring a bottle with us...One nice touch is that in addition to non descript bread, flatbread with garlic and cheese spread was also provided

There are newer reviews for Hoopers Seafood Cafe

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We discovered this wonderful restaurant through friends of ours. Our first visit was last month when I ordered the "all you can eat" seafood platter. All of the choices were delicious and we enjoyed the friendly staff as well. My wife and I returned last night, where she had the grilled tuna over asian slaw with wasabi mayo drizzle. I had the broiled scallops. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals as they were delicious. Moderately priced for a beach community, it is well worth a visit. Our hostess, Michelle, was absolutely delightful. Tammy, our waitress, was informative and comical. Most of all, our friendly busboy was energetic and amiable. We know we will be returning, quite often, to enjoy other menu options!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Long time favorite of my family. We look forward to it every summer. It's a small family friendly & casual b.y.o. restaurant with a shop attached where you can get takeout or fresh seafood to go. Been going there with my family every year for past 7 years and have never had a bad meal. The New England clam chowder is a family favorite. Seafood entrees are always well prepared. The steak rivals other more expensive high end steak houses but with an average $25 price (that includes your choice of soup or salad) Mike and his staff are welcoming and always make my entire family feel like a member of the extended family. This restaurant can get Very busy on the weekends, but it's worth the wait, or you can always get takeout if time is an issue.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate at Hooper's twice. The first time was a Saturday night. While the food was excellent, it was very crowded and noisy. The second time was on Monday night. What a difference, less crowded, quieter. They have a large selection of fish and seafood. Meals include soup or salad. This is a casual, family restaurant. Many preparation styles.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After a day at Brigantine Beach we decided not to cook at home and instead went to Hooper's Seafood Café. This place is all about seafood, although they do have BBQ Ribs and an Angus Beef Steak Dinner on the menu. Our family consisted of my husband and I, daughter and son in law and two teen age grandsons. The Grandsons had the Ribs, which they said were meaty and delicious. The other entrees chosen by the adults were Broiled Flounder, Stuffed Flounder, Stuffed Shrimp, and Fried Shrimp. A basket of rolls and mini corn muffins were placed on the table. The rolls were few, so I did not have a chance to sample. This is a bring your own Wine and Spirits, which we did. One Grandson ordered a soda, which cost $2.50 for a glass. Stick with the water, no charge. Entrees included choice of soup or salad and two sides.
I chose the soup of the day, Cream of Asparagus which was creamy, thick and satisfying. The others had the salad, a small bowl, but crisp and fresh. This is a hot spot on Brigantine Island for vacationers, so plan to get there early if you do not want to wait. We arrived at 5 PM and were the first customers to arrive. However by 6 PM the place was full and a waiting crowd outside.
We did not order dessert since everyone was satisfied and we would have ice cream at home later in the evening. The bill for six before the tip was $159.00. Without the BYOB the tab would have been much higher.