“Can't wait to go back!!”

Hoopers Seafood Cafe
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Brigantine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Hooper's is a casual 48 seat seafood restaurant attached to our fresh fish market. Friendly smiling faces, great seafood and a quaint nautically themed café await you when you chose to dine with us. A BYOB, we are open seasonally from March through September.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I searched for good, quality restaurants before going on vacation. I saw many wonderful reviews about Hoopers and decided it had to be added to our "to do" list. We were NOT disappointed. This is a small, affordable, down-home feel seafood restaurant, with other non-seafood options also available on the menu. My party included my Mom (who does NOT like seafood) and my son, as well as myself. My Mom and I both ordered the surf and turf. After our meals were served, my son very quickly asked if Grandma was going to eat that lobster. He, after taking one bite, slumped down in his chair, eyes rollng back in his head, said "MMMMMMM, that is good!!". You can't fool him!! The 2 petite filets were prepared medium as ordered and as "the food critic of the family" mentioned the 2 baby lobster tails were mmm, mmm, good. We can't wait to go back to Brigantine and have a repeat performance of this absolutely perfect dining experience!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I wanted something different and I heard about Hooper’s. I was greeted kindly by one of the owners (Mike Trimarco) as the other owner came out later to ask me “How was your meal today?” The whole dining experience was great from educated staff (making great suggestions) to getting served fresh ingredients that made the dining experience even more enjoyable. I will definitely be back next summer. Nice to know there are still restaurants that take pride in what they do. Great Job and Thank You.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband, 19-month old son and I had the pleasure of dining at Hooper's. I had heard great things about it and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed! We arrived at 5:30 on a Friday and surprisingly didn't have to wait. Our server was Todd, who was outstanding and so accommodating, as my son was being rambunctious and letting his presence be known. We tried the mussels in a tomato basil sauce, which were very good. My husband said his New England clam chowder reminded him of being at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. He got the surf and turf, which was 2 petite filets and 2 baby lobster tails. The filets were medium well instead of medium rare, but they were small and probably difficult to cook med rare. The lobster was great. I got the broiled bay scallops, which were also a little overdone but were so fresh and tasty that it didn't even matter. My son's cheeseburger tasted like Bobby Flay himself had grilled it. The place is small, but it feels like you're dining with family. Service and food were excellent and I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Brigantine.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and I recently had the great fortune of finding Hoopers Seafood Restaurant in Brigantine. The service was terrific and the food was over-the-top delicious! There were four adults and two children. From the appetizers to the kids' applesauce, everything tasted wonderfully fresh and flavorful. I can't wait to go back to Brigantine, not for the beaches, but to eat at this restaurant!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Went for dinner with friends on vacation. It is a small restaurant with excellent service and attention to detail. The chef/owner passed through the dining room to check on guests. Wait staff was pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. They offer daily specials and a variety of seafood dishes. The food was excellent, exceeding our expectations. Portions and sides were generous and tasty. Loved the seashore decor! We had an excellent dining experience, highly recommend the restaurant and are anxious to visit again.