Traveling down on the NJ Parkway South to Brigantine, my wife asked me how was the Legacy Vacation Club. This would be our first time staying there. I told her the reviews were mixed. Some people were happy with the choice and others had issues with unit maintenance. Also some people complained about not being able to find a park. My wife is very particular, so I told her to keep a positive attitude and we would make the best of it.
When we arrived we were pleasantly greeted with a friendly smile and check-in was immediate. We were even given an upgrade to a large studio unit on the 8th floor. The room was clean, well equipped, appeared refurbished with white ceiling and sky blue walls. The ocean view was great. We had a full kitchen and a working air conditioner. Bathroom was a little small but adequate. The bed sheets were clean and the bed mattress wasn't as soft as memory foam, but it served the purpose. Couch was dingy looking and rug in some areas were worn. Nonetheless, we settled in and made ourselves comfortable.
We had dinner at the Laguna Bar & Grille attached to the resort. The food was great and the service was excellent. Only problem was it was only open 2 days (Fri. & Sat.) while we were there and did not open again until the following Wednesday, the day after we left. It appears the restaurant was getting ready for the Memorial Day weekend. I asked the front desk about the restaurant hours. I was told it normally is open everyday, but the Laguna Bar & Grille was not affiliated with the resort and she had no further information. Which explains why parking may be a challenge on the weekends for resort guests because the restaurant is also open to the public who park in the resort parking lot. If the Laguna would have been open more during our stay, we would have eaten there frequently. It had a festive bar atmosphere with live music when we were there.
All in all, my wife and I enjoyed our getaway. The resort was quiet and we enjoyed the heated pool. We sat out and walked on the beach most days and also took trips into Atlantic City to visit the casinos. It is an older resort built in 1927, but has a certain unique quality that makes it special. We will be sure to return in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the white sandy shores of Brigantine Island, the Legacy Vacation Club Brigantine Beach is the perfect choice for a family beach vacation & just moments from the casinos, restaurants & attractions of Atlantic City too. About the property Along with resort-style amenities like a heated indoor pool, men’s & women’s saunas, guests can enjoy beautifully appointed condo-style accommodations. Our studio & 1-bedroom suites are designed with conveniences like full kitchens/ kitchenettes & free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach Hotel Brigantine
- Celebrity Resort Brigantine Beach
- Nj Vacation
- Celebrity Resorts Brigantine Beach