“Mold, Bugs, Lack of A/C, Lack of Hotel Manager”

Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brigantine
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Mold, Bugs from stairwell making their way into rooms (put towels at crack in door and floor), very very Lack of A/C, Lack of Hotel Manager. Don't let your kids play alone in the activities room alone with broken air hockey and pool table accessories. I did not make any effort to visit the pool room, but I heard a family saying, "gross." Other than this, I give the place 2 stars for being beachfront and in the quaint, quiet town of Brigantine, NJ. I don't think this place would survive if it was not for the adjacent Laguna Beach Bar and Grill. One does not have to ask when experiencing that these two places are not ran by the same staff community/mgmt.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank SillyPhilly2010

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel is very old. It has been refurbished but still has vents hanging out of the ceiling. The blinds they have do absolutely nothing to block the sun so you are up at sunrise, like it or not. Considering they allow guests to be loud on the porch until the wee hours of the morning there just is no sleeping. They are short staffed. We asked for a roll of toilet paper which never came and it took over an hour to get ice. The hotel has over 100 rooms and they claim parking for 60. That is not so. There is a restaurant on the property that is not affiliated with the hotel but they monopolize the parking. Realistically there might be 15-30 spots to park. Your car will be blocked in by restaurant valets. Street parking is a joke. You can only park on one side of the street and that's between all the driveways.

Nice little town but would not stay there again. There are only 4 restaurants in town so be prepared to wait over an hour to get breakfast or dinner.

Room Tip: Stay away from the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BaltimoreRedbird
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Beautiful beachfront location, a mere 10 minute drive away from the craziness of Atlantic City, this is the tallest building in Brigantine. We had a room on the 8th floor (only the PentHouse was above us). Wonderful views!! The sand is really soft and the restaurant adjoining the building is quite good! I would definitely stay here again. Only drawback is, if you're going to Atlantic City to gamble, and drink... you have to take a cab.

Room Tip: Get a room on a corner; and/or higher in the building the views are even better!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank phreebornman
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My mother and I recently spent a night at the Legacy while visiting my aunt and uncle, who live year round on the island. The room was very nice, and we were very comfortable. This was a nice change from the year before when we stayed at a B&B in Atlantic City, and car alarms were going off all night in the parking lot. We had a nice view of the ocean, and it was a very short drive to my uncle's house, so we could meet for meals and outings. My older brother, known as Salty Croc on tripadvisor, wrote a blistering review of another island hotel, and it was recently posted on this site. I want to assure readers that he greatly exaggerated and insulted the people of Brigantine and the entire state of New Jersey with his review, but I will NOT do the same. I enjoyed myself, and I recommend dinner at the Pirate's Den if it's not too crowded. We had a good dinner there and the service was very attentive.

Room Tip: Our room was in the midrise called the Villas. I recommend this, and there is covered parking availa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NanPug
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just checked out of Legacy Vacation Resorts in Brigantine, NJ this morning. Now because Becca at the front desk was so NICE and accommodating, as was the night manager, Gabe, I'm going to give this review in the best construction I can. I will say, the proximity of this hotel to the beach is superb, however, when we entered the room we were initially assigned. 606, it was entirely too small for my tastes. I wasn't expecting 5 star, or a palatial layout, but small would be putting it mildly. Yes, the room was clean and the kitchen updated with new appliances, but the bathroom was very tiny and the bed, which is advertised as a queen, was FULL SIZE and the absolutely most uncomfortable sleep I've ever had at a hotel! I called the night manager after 1 a.m. and was promised changes could be made the next morning. After calling the front desk early the next morning Becca, was more than happy to move us to the condo building next door, which houses the suites they call "villas."

We were shown villa 423 before moving our things over, and this room was definitely more of what we accustomed to. The kitchen, living and bathrooms were double the size of our first room's. So we were happy with the layout and space, but the kitchen in the villa had a very antiquated stove and dishwasher : (. I know this place has been going through an overhaul, so I'm expecting the old appliances and fixtures will be addressed soon, but it was also clean and comfortable. There was a bird's nest on the balcony, which we had maintenance promptly remove.

It was unseasonably colder than usual this week, but the hubby and I strolled on the beach briefly and had the heated indoor pool all to ourselves, which I guess is also an advantage to staying there this time of year. Again, I can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff and I would stay at this "resort" again, but only in a villa.

In addition to additional updates, I would also suggest more comfortable mattresses. Even the king size bed in the "villa" was very soft and insufficiently back supportive. We went to the Legacy Resort to relax and that we did!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the condo building next door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Nasihah
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I went there years ago with my bffs! and we had a great time, allthough we went in march and it was quiet! we booked our reservations early and wow we only paid 50.00 for thenite, its was very relaxing in the pool, and we had an awsome room, they gave us the rooftop room and they had told us that years ago al capone had stayed in this room when he was in town, the veiw was magnificant and you could only get to this room by staircase that was special made for this room only how cool is that! also i know that the hotel didnt make up the story about al copone because think about it we were in only three miles away from atlantic city and al copone being a big part of all of that you know, even though we got a much smaller room than our friends it was very nice, and i also liked the fact that it had a kitchenette with all the amenities of home if you wanted to cook there and save money eating out! I would deffinetley goe back to this hotel if i have the oppertunity to doe so. also the staff were very accomodating and friendley!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We have been staying here for several years and we love the place. It was built in1927 by Joseph Kennedy and was a speakeasy during prohibition. The decor is Turn of the Century Art Deco and the place is kept very clean. It has an indoor pool in a greenhouse setting that makes it feel like you are outside in the shade. The beach is one of the best in Jersey for body-surfing and swimming. It is located in a very quiet residential neighborhood and is just 10 minutes from Atlantic City.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank GratefulChildofGod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigantine
La Sammana Resort
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Resorts Casino Hotel
Resorts Casino Hotel
#3 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach? Share your experiences!