First off, I booked a week here though a time share exchange. The place was well reviewed on their site, so we took it. Just before we left, we checked here when I downloaded the Trip Advisor app for my Android - yikes!
Not expecting a great experience, we were actually quite happy how things worked out.
We ended up in the main (tower) building on the fifth floor overlooking the parking lot. This gave us a good view up the beach (to the north) as all the rooms face north or south, not east over the beach. The view was unobstructed whereas the south view towards AC might have the villa building in the way on the lower floors. The south facing rooms will be over the kitchen vents, so get a high floor on that side. The are no balconies in the main tower, but were there in late October.
Yes, the bar / restaurant is noisy. We just left the AC on during the weekend nights which did a good job of drowning it out (and not much noise gets in the three inches the windows open). The rest of the week, there was not a lot of noise.
And parking is crazy on the weekend nights as the hotel has seemingly one of the few restaurants in town. However, there was a valet and he only gave out spots to those staying at the hotel - however, I told him that I was staying at the hotel and he moved a cone to let me in. Be aware that you might get double parked if you park near the main doors and may need the valet to move some cars (park by the pool to avoid this).
It is an old hotel which provided the advantage of good sound proofing between the rooms. Sound from around the door was evident (people, put some trim around the doors!), but no issue at all. Actually, replace the entire door - it looked pretty used up. The rest of the unit was okay (painted and clean), but some water damage in the bathroom around the tub. The bathroom was cramped with no space to put stuff.
The kitchen was very functional with a good size fridge / freezer, but could benefit from some more utensils, oven mitts, etc. There was only a setting for four and we had to run the very compact dishwasher every day. There were no cleaning supplies or towels when we arrived, but that was an oversight the front desk corrected quickly. They also called a couple of days into the vacation to ensure all was well. They did not clean or make up the room during the stay (no big deal), but they might if you booked this as a hotel as opposed to a time share as we saw cleaning staff almost every day on our floor.
There was a safe in the room to store valuables, but there was no sign that anyone every came into the room.
We never used the pool. We did go to scout it at 8PM one night and it was closed even though it was supposed to be open until 10.
There is a liquor store, grocery store and take out / eat in / fresh fish place one block west (the main street) and north. I highly recommend them all. There is also a pharmacy another block farther north. There is not much else around here (other than the restaurant / bar) in the hotel.
This place is right on the beach (and sand fills the parking lot). I'm not sure the hotel would be so great in the summer given the lack of balcony and windows that fully open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the white sandy shores of Brigantine Island, the Legacy Vacation Club Brigantine Beach is the perfect choice for a family beach vacation & just moments from the casinos, restaurants & attractions of Atlantic City too. About the property Along with resort-style amenities like a heated indoor pool, men’s & women’s saunas, guests can enjoy beautifully appointed condo-style accommodations. Our studio & 1-bedroom suites are designed with conveniences like full kitchens/ kitchenettes & free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Resorts-Brigantine Beach Hotel Brigantine
- Celebrity Resort Brigantine Beach
- Nj Vacation
- Celebrity Resorts Brigantine Beach