“I LOVE THE SEA GULL”
Review of The Sea Gull

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brigantine
The Sea Gull
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brigantine
pa
“I LOVE THE SEA GULL”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Im have been going to the Sea Gull for 9 years The workers are great & will help you with anything you need. The view is outstanding & you have your own balcony. Sally is an animal lover, which is right up my alley.The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable, a nice cooking area, plus you have air conditioning. What more could you want?
June, Tasha & Family

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Summit Hill
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I consider myself a "pro" in describing our many, many stays at the Sea Gull. Is there any other place in Brigantine?
Been going to Brigantine for 65 years, 6 generations. 2 of these generations we stayed at the Log Cabins, but due to tidal waves, eventually the log cabins were gone. The next 4 generations we would stay at the Sea Gull. Such an awesome place. The owner is like family to me, the help is so curtious. This is just part of the beauty of the Seagull. I stay on the first floor, room #10 (if available) Every room has their own private rear balcony where one can see nature at it's finest. To lay in bed and hear constantly the ocean, to arise in time to watch the sunrise, makes me feel like I will never be closer to Heaven than at the Sea Gull. The owner, Sally, will do all she can to make your stay memorable.
We have taken many friends to this place of Paradise and it seems they liked it so much that now they go on their own.. Before leaving to come home, I go out on the beach, alone, and picture my grandmother, my parents, my late husband all romping on the SeaGull Beach. So peaceful and relaxing, and feel free from all worries. Hoping to make it down there this year, also. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marian

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ssilverette
philadelphia
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Fantastic view, reasonable room rates, air conditioned, kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, oven with 4 burners, pet friendly, and a genuinely nice staff. The Sea Gull is a great value. We go every year and will be back this July, we just can't wait to get back. Minutes from Atlantic City and there is a golf course right down the street.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 4, 2008

The Sea Gull motel in Brigantine, NJ redefines what it means to stay in a no-frills establishment that hasn't been updated since it opened in the mid-60s. I was in room 15 and there was no telephone, no hairdryer, no iron, not even any shampoo! Just a bar of soap. All the towels had holes in them, and it looked like the bed and pillows were original to 1965. The sheets even had holes. The "living room" furniture was that '60s vinyl and I didn't want to trust that the carpet was clean, so I never took off my flip-flops.

The common areas were also extremely dated and I felt like security/safety could have been an issue. The side door had a sign on it that it was locked for emergency exit only, but every time over the course of 1.5 days that I looked at that door, it was unlocked and cracked open. While my room had a kitchen, there was no microwave and the stove looked original to the '60s - not sure if it would have been safe.

Normally I book at places that I can see pictures online and I read a few good reviews. Honestly, I don't see how anyone can say positive things about this motel, except that it is right on the beach and the room size is adequate. The only reason I booked here is because friends had a beach house nearby and they were full. Thank goodness I was only at the Sea Gull for one night, but at a rate of $150, I could have had a much nicer room for less in Atlantic City.

• Liked — location on the beach
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank JKBWashington_DC

Travelers are raving about these Brigantine hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is the 6th year in a row we've vacationed at The Sea Gull. We love it there and so appreciate we can bring our dogs there. The fee for the dogs is $75.00, but thats fine by us, because we have never encountered fleas or bugs. They really keep the place clean. The view at The Sea Gull is breathtaking. To be right on the beach is a dream come true. In the morning they serve a Continental breakfast , which is wonderful. We bring food with us and I cook in the suite. I cant say enough about the establishment. The owner and the workers are such nice people and wonderful animal lovers. We really wouldn't vacation anywhere else in New Jersey.

Sally & Ron, New Jersey

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank EnjoyingNewJersey
NJ
Reviewed July 22, 2008

The website is straight out of the 1970's. The decor is straight out of the 1970's. The sheets on the beds might still be out of the 1970's. Billing themselves as luxury oceanfront isn't exactly accurate. Oceanfront stands true. Luxury? Not exactly. Definitely spacious. We were on the second floor overlooking the ocean. Heard the waves on the reclining couch. If the price weren't so outrageous, I would say the place definitely has character, but for the EXORBITANT amount charged and there wasn't even a haridryer in the room, I say its a dump. you can stay in AC for 1/4 of the price. Also- all the staff are alcoholics or constantly drinking no matter what time of day. If you bring your own sheets and can finagle a $$ deal, then the location is ideal as is the view. The kitchenette w full-size fridge, microwave and oven (not sure if the other appliances worked) would be ideal if you stayed longer. But not sure who wants to stay there for the duration. What you see on the webiste is what you get in person, 30 odd years later. Not sure if the staff has changed, either.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ingrid24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brigantine
La Sammana Resort
Bally's Atlantic City
Bally's Atlantic City
#6 of 49 in Atlantic City
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to The Sea Gull? Share your experiences!