“Won't be back!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Forked River, New Jersey
“Won't be back!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent a wonderful day at The Driftwood Motel in Point Pleasant Beach (oceanfront,pool, private beach) with our son and granddaughter, we decided to go into Manasquan to eat at one of our favorite restaurants Maria's but found out there were closed on that day. At this point we were all getting very hungry, especially our 6 yr old grand baby! We headed into Brielle to check out some places and decided on Simkos (big mistake) I ordered fried scallops with rice and veggies, my husband had a wrap, my son ordered macaroni and the grand baby got manicotti since they Had NO Mac & Cheese??? The waitress was young and very nice as she brought our dinners to us...my dinner of scallops was an eyesore! Breading falling off without being touched, and WET!! the lettuce they were place on was also soaked! I attempted to taste one, and had to spit it into a napkin, it was so disgusting....I put them on another plate, while waiting to catch sight of our waitress to tell her about it, and eat some of the rice and veggies. My son took a few bites of his meal and the 3 pieces of manicotti was barely touched by our granddaughter, my husband ate his but it didn't take much to prepare a cold wrap... he waitress finally showed up and was handed the scallops..she asked if I wanted another order, but at this point I had lost my appetite and told her no. The next thing I know the "manager" was standing there with a newly prepared scallop dinner, not at all apologetic and pretty much forcing it on us...his excuse was the cooks did not pat dry the scallops before cooking....didn't make me feel much better, I just wanted to get out of there. We left there very disappointed and for 3 of us..very hungry! A lesson learned though...It would have been nice if the "manager" would have offered a gift certificate for my meal for future use, but that didn't happen. This restaurant will not be getting our business again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring the whole Family n Friends!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Simkos is an excellent Restaurant
And Bar. The food is consistently
Good, polite servers, and oh so accommodating, right down to their Hostess who makes my Husband and I feel so welcome.
Nice place to bring the kids too especially for The Sunday Breakfast Buffet!

1 Thank Sandeerella
Brielle, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, outstanding service, perfect atmosphere”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had one of the best experiences at Simko's. Our server was extremely friendly and knowledgable. I have a lot of food allergies and they were able to cater to my needs. The meal was delicious and we can't wait to go back. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to enjoy a great meal in a fun and family friendly atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jlbb815
NJ
“Extremely Rude Owner/manger. Beware!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I made reservations for my husbands surprise birthday and we were suppose to be in a particular room. When I get there, there was another party sitting in our section and they moved us. That was ok but then the owner/manager disrespectful when we asked about splitting up the check. He basically said we don't do that here and said then go somewhere else while making a hand gesture then walked away in an extremely nasty way. All my guests were completely shock!! I was so upset and shocked a manager would treat customers that way. It's not like we were yelling at him or giving him an attitude. He could have just said sorry but we cant do that but as i observed he seems to treat all his employees etc in a rude manner. I will never go back there again and the food was ok.

1 Thank tcnj07
NJ
“Great Discovery”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

At lunch time four of us were heading for a restaurant in Brielle that we then discovered had closed. By chance, on this crowded beach afternoon, we saw the huge parking lot of Simko's Grill and pulled in. What luck! The food was delicious. The French Onion Soup was outstanding, turkey/cheese panini very tasty, burger juicy and cooked just right, and grilled chicken salad loaded with goodies. We will surely go again.

• Visited June 2013