Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Booked a "business" room but none available, there was no desk in the 2 queen bed room I ended up with, a bummer since I needed to work on my computer! Fridge and microwave in the room seemed clean, and the matress was comfortable. Bedspreads were, well, typical old hotel bedspreads: faded and tattered and I pulled of the bed immediately. Room has not been renovated in quite some time. Shower in bathroom was awful with lots of black and red mould on the showerhead. Exhaust vent in bathroom broken and instead was letting odors in. Toilet ran, you had to lift the lid and play around to get it to stop. Faucet in sink busted, shot water everywhere. Air Con unit was incredibly loud; enough that I got very little sleep. Whatever clearer they are using on the furniture leaves a sticky coating. Grounds and hotel in general are poorly kept. Free breakfast was your standard 2 star hotel affair, no waffle maker though. On the plus side the exercise room was new with good equipment. Even as a low budget hotel I can not recommend this one to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Robsvacation

Reviewed June 30, 2010

We chose this hotel for price and because it had a pool. We were on a mini getaway weekend. Just wanted to swim, tan and have a few drinks with our worrying about driving or having to clean up. The first thing to stand out is the location. It is near major highways. It is set off of a State highway so it isn't really in a great location for taking a walk or scenery. Rooms was normal size and setup. Couch was a little dirty. Hallways were clean. Check in area was bland and TV did not work too good. Hotel offers free continential breakfast that was plain but the food was ok. The night we stayed the hotels' banquet room was rented out to a get togehter of Jamacians. The music was loud and could be heard in the pool area most of the night. The next morning they also had a Jamacian 3 hour long church service in the same room. It was loud also.
I would recommend this hotel for a place to sleep at a good price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Excellent location for business OR pleasure. Unfriendly front desk. Rear pathways and elevator very untidy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kamakoti
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The room was very comfortable. However it was not fancy. This hotel is good for a quick trip to New Jersey but not for a longer vacation. It was really close to a huge mall so if you are in for a shopping trip this a great hotel. The breakfast room needs some improvement. However, for what we paid I must say that it was a good meal.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Very close to the Bridgewater office center. Was good for us as we had to travel to the office on a daily basis. The front office manager Connie was a real great help. Thanks to her, our stay was pretty pleasent. The breakfast lacks spread...but is okay...can't eat the same stuff for long. As for the room, for a double occupany it was not too large...but clean. Overall, a above average stay for any one who wants to be close to the office district at Bridgewater.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2009

The place looked fine. But as I entered my room I was overwhelmed with an odd manadrin orange fragrance. I thought it was weird, but the cleaning staff was cleaning the next room, so I thought nothing of it. But the smell would not go away. So I searched for the source and found it in the hallway: small canisters labeled EcoLab. A google search revealed this firm provides commercial pest control. The fragrance was probably just an industrial air freshener, but it was a show-stopper for me. I checked out after Day 1 of a 7-day reservation.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank movieglue
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This Days Inn was cheaper and closer to my work which made me very happy. The traffic in this area is very heavy in the morning so make sure to get a hotel close to work if you want to get there on time. This inn has a very good contenental breakfast which is something I always look for and take advantage of. My only complaint is my non-smoking room smelled like smoke. I awoke at night because of the smell. There is also an acceptable work-out room available.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank markthis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
#7 of 16 in Somerset
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#2 of 6 in Bridgewater

Been to Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area? Share your experiences!