“Never Again!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Bridgewater
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was booked at this motel for two nights after an issue with my original reservation at another hotel. I arrived around midnight (beware, GPS does not differentiate between 22E and 22W, making this place hard to find if you are relying on navigation) and got to my room quickly. The room was horrifying. I was unable to run the AC unit and have a light on in the room without intermittent power loss. The bed was extremely uncomfortable to the point that I ended up folding the beadspread up in an attempt to get some sort opf soft surface to lay on. There was no iron in the room and the room was dirty and run down. I cancelled my second night. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at a motel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank awesternone

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed one night. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. WI-FI was excellent. The room was a little musty, but I always carry a spray can of Frebreezewhen I travel. Solved that issue right away. Very Good Value. I will stay here again. Red Lobster is across the parking lot. Staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Parking area is well lit on all sides. Easy access off Rt 22. Red Lobster is across the parking lo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

When I stayed here past, I got put in a room that was right next to where I guess some of the employees live haha. The rate is cheap the continental breakfast they say doesn't exist. I would recommend only if you need a night to yourself or been driving for a long long time

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Came to Long Island to visit grand kids. Rates are affordable, clean quiet and friendly staff. We stayed for 5 days 4 nights. Close to shops and prime restaurants. Rooms are average size and perfect to get a good night's rest after a long day of sight seeing and fun with the grand kids. I will stay at this Motel again in our future visit to Long Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Staff is accommodating. Exactly as described on web site. Room sizes were great and so was the staff they did not give us a hard time when we would lose our room keys. Would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gowan Y
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Immediately upon entering the lobby I knew I had made a mistake. It smelled horrible and there were strange men loitering about. I checked in and went to my room. When I first opened the door I immediately smelled cleaner so I thought I was good. Nope. Not sure what they cleaned but it WAS NOT the BATHROOM. The bathroom was obviously not cleaned between guests. The toilet was filthy...hairs, dried urine, etc. The sink and shower were visually dirty as well. The bathroom vanity was falling apart and the cabinets were all zip tied shut. In the trash there was an empty Jack Daniels bottle. I had no choice but to stay the night (it was after midnight when I arrived) but I canceled the rest of my reservation (was supposed to be 3 nights) and checked out immediately the following morning. I went to the Days Inn across on the other side of Rt. 22.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The tv are old, the toilet would not flush, some bug bit me on my hip and the back of my neck and there are not enough electrical socket if you want to charge your phone and plug in a PC at the same time. Room was clean enough but evidently they need to exterminate for bugs.

Room Tip: Dont go here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Clarion Hotel
#4 of 5 in Bridgewater
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!