“Can I give it zero?”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 98 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friend and I had lunch there last Wednesday. We'd eaten at M&S before and were looking forward to a nice lunch. Disappointed on all counts. We were directed by the guy at the door to the host station for a table. The "host" was nonplussed when we asked to be seated and didn't seem to know what that meant. We pointed to a table and he shrugged. Our waitress was efficient but LOUD. Was she hard of hearing? And the presentation went on and on. Lots of words, no information. A lengthy script extolling the virtues of the place delivered in a very loud voice. Did she want her manager to hear she was following orders? We placed our order; Mussels in wine sauce for me, fried oysters for my friend, who had the dish before and enjoyed it. The mussels were in a very thick pasty tomato sauce, some mussels hot some cool. Obviously heated unevenly in the microwave. The oysters were "off" a bit, not good. (My friend had an attack of bad tummy immediately upon leaving). The dishes were picked up with less than half eaten. DID WE WANT THIS WRAPPED. Please God, no. Should we have complained and been subjected to a wait. No thanks. Letting our feet do the voting, we left. Now I see there is new management. Too bad. They don't seem to have any experience running a restaurant.

2  Thank MapleAveCrowd

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and I went to McCormick & Schmick's last night before picking our daughter up from a party. We'd eaten at M&S locations in NYC and Washington DC before and found things in NYC consistently inconsistent. Fortunately, last night in Bridgewater, NJ was a great night because our food and service were excellent. It was the kind of experience we expected and were able to enjoy to the fullest.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

You are "flooded" with information you don't need about the fact tht they have new management now...really...who cares?
Seating is not particularly comfortable, service is borderline efficient, but really just...
I had a Filet Mignon which was really nothing to brag about, I have certainly eaten much much better in several other places.
Would I go back? Probably not. There are better optinos close by

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We came for Happy Hour, because the sign said #1 Happy Hour in America, but the staff wasn't so "Happy"...We had to seek out service. The food and prices on the Happy Hour menu were really good.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was a little disappointed in this restaurant, having been to other McCormick and Schmick's and really enjoyed the time. The restaurant was out of the mix for the drink I ordered, which was disappointing. The meal was average. However, I must say, the waiter was friendly and provided very good service.