“Standard Fare”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 97 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boston, Massachusetts
“Standard Fare”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Its better than your standard mall restaurant. I had some calamari and a salad a glass of wine. The fish was good, the portions were manageable but it always shocks me that restaurants charge $10 - $12 for glass of "table" wine; the kind that you'd get for $12 - $15 per bottle in a store

Visited January 2014

Summit, NJ, USA
“Horrible service!! Will never go back.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Extremely disappointed (and uncomfortable) experience at this place over the weekend!! I visited this place on Saturday night with my 3-yr old daughter. My wife had to do some chores and couldn’t hang out with us. So my daughter and I decided to have a quick bite at the restaurant and then walk around the mall afterwards. Kind of a busy night at the restaurant. We walked in and asked for a table of two. The hostess was not particularly friendly. But I understood as she was probably stressed out with the crowd. The wait was 15 mins so I decided to eat at the bar. The hostess said go ahead as the bar area was first come first serve, no wait. So we went. Sat at the bar (with my 3-yr old). One of the bartenders came over and took our order (an OJ, a water and a cheeseburger). He then asked, “that’s it?” I said “yes, that’s it!”. Does it matter if I order more or less. Really, I just want to order whatever I felt like ordering. Why the questioning? Anyway, the OJ and water came. A few minutes, another bartender came over and said, “You two are not allowed to sit here at the bar. It is state law. For all I know, your daughter could be drinking a screwdriver! You need to find another seat in the restaurant.” I immediately felt uncomfortable. The restaurant was full of people. Not a single table was available. How was I supposed to find a table on my own with my 3-year old daughter and to bring my jackets and drinks and a diaper bag with me? Maybe someone at the restaurant could have helped me with that? Or better yet, maybe someone should have alerted me in the beginning before we even set foot at the bar that we were not supposed to be there? Well, maybe I should have known better that kids are not allowed at the bar. Anyway, the couple sat next to us pointed to the table behind us that the people seemed to be leaving soon so we better keep an eye on that table. We waited some more. The cheeseburger came. I had to let my daughter eat while we wait for the table. Finally, the table became available (but still with dirty plates on it). I took the bartender that we will be moving to that table. He response was less that warm. All he said was, “fine, go ahead.” I moved everything myself to the table. He didn’t care how we were going to move everything from the bar to the table. I felt so uncomfortable there. But we did move. First with our jackets, then with our drinks, then with our plates and silverwares. Finally, I took my daughter to the table. Asking for a check was not easy either. We had an open tab at the bar. So I asked the waitress to get the tab. She was not happy that she had to go outside her routine to get the check that way. Her attitude was horrible. She eventually got it for us. But by that time, I had enough of these unwelcoming attitude and stormed ourselves out of the restaurants (to Crumps for a cupcake to cool off my anger).

• Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Have been to many M & Ss around the country. This was the weakest by far. Had the fish and chips. Hugh portion, but a very spicy batter. I love spice, but not on my fish and chips. Wedge salad was good. Nice wait staff. Probably wil not return.

• Visited December 2013
Neshanic Station, New Jersey
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Enjoyed a nice dinner with my husband at this Bridgewater restaurant on a mid-November Thursday evening.  Feeling festive, I started with one of the fall special cocktails, a Maple Manhattan.  It was novel and tasty.  DH thought his Tangaray 10 martini was very good. We shared the fall special appetizer of shrimp, melted brie with butternut squash layered on 3 crostinis. We both agreed it was quite tasty. It made us think of the no-longer-on-menu appetizer that we enjoyed for years there:  Baked brie cheese with a roasted garlic bulb served with preserves, fruit, and toasted crostini.  Then I had a wonderful mixed a sliced beet and Bibb lettuce salad with pepper-sugared bacon. I was surprised that the bacon strip wasn't sliced up into small pieces and put on top of the salad.  My entrée for the feast was the "ultimate mixed seafood grill" which was good. DH enjoyed his grilled Halibut.  then we shared the pecan pie, which was mediocre. The overly hard crust was very difficult to cut.  Overall, we had a nice experience.  The interior of the restaurant has been redesigned in a more modern style. I imagine that the new openness of the dining area would appeal to many people. However, I miss the old decor with its beveled glass and stained glass partitions as they provided some extra privacy and coziness in some areas of the restaurant.  At least, they kept the mini rooms called snugs and the booths. Although, I wish they would put some new curtains in the windows separating some of the booths from the brightly-lit mall.  On the other hand, some of the toddlers and parents in the mall provided some bonus entertainment while we were dining there.

• Visited November 2013
“We enjoyed it!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I am surprised at the reviews I am reading from others - my husband and I just had dinner here for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it! Maybe there is new management? We are picky about where we eat, but our wait staff was very attentive, food was excellent, and was cooked exactly to our requests. I love oysters and can't get them often in NJ but the fried oyster appetizer was excellent. Husband had steak and I had seafood trio, the portions were not skimpy and sides were very good. The only negatives I would give are that 1) the menu is slightly overpriced and 2) having the window open to the mall can be distracting if you are trying to have a romantic dinner.