“Good for Food & Conversation @ the Mall”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 97 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Somerset, New Jersey
“Good for Food & Conversation @ the Mall”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We've eaten here several times, and the food is usually pretty good, although the service is usually slow. Today our server was very good, and quite knowledgeable about the menu. He was attentive, and I feel like it was the kitchen that was slow, not the server. I ordered the "Shrimp Kisses" for my appetizer. This included 6 jumbo shrimp stuffed with gruyere cheese, wrapped in bacon, and then grilled. OMG - these were awesome! I was able to share them with my husband, who had order the tasty crab bisque for his app. The apps came with bread and butter, which was freshly made and warm; crisp on the outside, yet soft on the inside. Very good. I order the grilled chicken sandwich, also topped with roasted red pepper, bacon and cheese, and a side of french fries. All was rather yummy. My husband ordered the Mussels Fra Diavlo. He said it was "alright", and that it wasn't spicy. The portion wasn't that big, and he ended up eating the other half of my sandwich and the rest of my fries, since I had eaten enough. The meal was good, but it was fairly expensive for lunch; we had 2 apps, 2 entrees, and 1 soft drink and our bill came to $48.80. If you want a leisurely meal, in a comfortable setting, during which you can talk with your companions, this is the place in the mall to go.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank cpgz

Piscataway, New Jersey
“Mediocre, OK food, HORRIBLE SERVICE-not worth it!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

POOR-HORRIBLE SERVICE: We made a mistake going to this restaurant last night. We have received our entrees both my wife and I. The entrees were mediocre, not what I would expect of a seafood-steakhouse place! We were just not happy the way our plates looked and tasted. I ordered a medalion steak plate that was not cooked well, but I ate it anyway since I was hungry. I told my wife about it and also that I will wait for the server to check in on us. He not once cared and never approached our table to ask about either refills or satisfaction with our food which I believe is essential for a place that calls themselves a "restaurant". I finished my plate and my wife was about to be done when the server just came out of nowhere, grabbed our plates silently without caring enough to ask whether we were done or not!!!! I had to ask my wife if she was done while he took off. He came right back to ask us if we wanted a dessert (which we obviously had no intention to have at that point!!) What is most upsetting about the situation is that there was NO SERVICE provided to us at all!!!! This was the worst experience we ever had which is completely unacceptable for a restaurant with a brand name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The staff needs to learn about the importance of SERVICE because the food can be re-cooked, the experience of a bad service cannot be undone!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
Somerset, New Jersey
“Could have been better for the price”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The title says how I feel. We had made reservations to avoid a wait. The host and his helpers seemed a bit disorganized. The seating might as well have been in the mall since those who were waiting to put their name in to wait for tables hung out next to our table.
For the price of the meal I expected better. The meal was presented well but it was bland and average. The waiter was great which is the only positive thing I have to say. I would not recommend this place.

Hunterdon County, NJ
“Oh Dear”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I really expected more from this place. The service was mediocre and the food not even. I ordered the Parmesan crusted fish and it honestly tasted frozen and microwaved. The crust itself was thick and matted. The truth is, it's not an expensive restaurant but I really felt ripped off because I took no enjoyment from the experience.

Branchburg, New Jersey
“Freshest Seafood”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Can go wrong. Access from exterior and interior of Bridgewater Commons Mall. Featured fresh fish items. Also offers fine meat dishes. Pricy but worth it.

Visited November 2012