“Through the years”
Review of Duke Island Park

Duke Island Park
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Bridgewater
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I started going here as a child when the center was open and the gym sets were made of wood and amazingly cool. I continued going when it closed. Now I take my own child there and he has just as much fun as I used to. It's a great park - I've jogged here and roller bladed, played on the gym sets and played soccer in the fields, as well as picnics in the pavilion.

There are newer reviews for Duke Island Park

Reviewed April 3, 2013

It is a big park and home where Doris Duke lived (yes, the butler did do it). There is a beautiful walking tour of their flowers. There are some incredible ones (the one that comes to mind id the dancer slipper orchid). Very nice.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a very pretty park that is very well maintained. They have some great entertainment over the summer too.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Part of the Somerset County Park system, this is just across the North Branch of the Raritan River from where we live. A great place to go with dogs or kids, or for a quiet walk in the woods.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Depending on the season you go, depends on how you'll like this park. The first time I went there were bluebells everywhere and the sight was marvelous. But the next time I went, bottles and debris were strewn all over and it was a big disappointment.