“Avoid at all cost!”
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Avoid at all cost!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not sure why but the quality of food seems to have declined. Everything we ordered was very bland. The potato soup which was always great was horrible. Now I know why it was empty on a game night!

• Visited April 2013
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We always appreciate the feedback as we're constantly striving to improve. I am sorry about your experience, and will be letting the Area Director about your visit. Would you like us to contact you? If so, kindly email us at alexhoulihans@gmail.com. Thank you again. -Alex G, Houlihan's Marketing

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Table for 18 :-)”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I are from the Bridgewater/Hillsborough area and we had always enjoyed eating at Houlihan's. About 5 years ago we moved down to NC, but most of our family and friends are still up in the area and we visit often. Houlihan's has become our favorite restaurant to eat at whenever we come up,

This past weekend on January 5th was my husband's 28th Birthday and he told me ahead of time he wanted to eat there for dinner. I knew he was inviting others to join us, but he apparently just kept inviting people, because come the the day of the dinner, we counted and ended up with 18 people meeting us for dinner!! I honestly was not sure if this would even be possible since Houlihan's is always SO busy on Saturdays.

My husband had me call around 3:30pm to let them know about the size of our party and that we would be coming around 7:00pm. I also wanted to call to make sure this was even possible to have this large of a group!! They assured me that it wouldn't be a problem and we shouldn't have too wait too long since we called ahead.

My husband and I got there early at 6:45pm and were greeted by the super friendly hosts. The manager for the evening was also walking around and my husband talked to her just to make sure our large party was not an issue and that we wouldn't be stuck waiting for hours on end,. since it was packed, like wall-to-wall people when we walked in. My husband and I cannot remember this manager's name, but wish we could because she was SO friendly and accommodating!! She explained they had a bunch of tables already blocked off for us but we just had to wait until the last small group finished and left. She even went and got my husband and I each a drink while we waited. Our group was seated around 7:40pm, and we were totally happy with the wait, as they were super busy and we had a huge table to seat!

Once seated, both waitresses that served our table were pleasant and kept on top of everything!! The food was of course awesome as usual!!

For those that have not had the Salsa Cruda Bruschetta... that is a MUST have. It is the most amazing bruschetta my husband and I have ever had. I am not usually a big fan of tomatoes, but however this make this appetizer, it is DELICIOUS! For my entree I had the Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo and it was yummy as usual. My husband's uncle had baked potato soup (which is also one of my favorites) and he said his steak was out of this world good!!

I always tend to forget to actually write reviews, but this was a review knew I had to write. I wanted to thank Houlihan's employees for their great service and the great food, AND for so openly welcoming a part of 18 people on a VERY busy Saturday night!!

• Visited January 2013
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks so much for your raving review! We truly appreciate you taking the time, and spending your special day with us. We will definitely be passing on your comments to the team.
New Jersey
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Place”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stopped by in passing as we always saw the parking lot filled up! From the very beginning our server (Cynthia) was always vigilante and ready to serve. We ordered Filet Mignon ($25.99 with loaded potato) and the French Dip ($10.99). However, for some reason we waited quite a while to get served. When the filet was served it was medium-well/well as I ordered medium. I would normally have returned it but after taking a bite I devoured the whole serving. Great cut and prep! My wife's French was equally delightful. We treated ourselves to some exotic drinks (got to have their Mango Tini for $7.75- absolutely fantastic).

What was really impressive is that the Manager (Dennis) came over to say that Cynthia reported that we had waited a little bit longer than was their standard and that my steak was slightly overcooked. We were treated to free coffee and desserts for our trouble but the fact that this minor infraction was hardly worth noting, they made a big deal out of it, shows that they really care about customer service.
Enjoy a meal there, you'll not regret it and for a chain restaurant this was Outstanding!!! No wonder the parking lot is filled up later in the evening. Hint: go there a little before 5:00pm - no crowds and easy seating

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank TonyK300
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Wow! Thanks so much taking the time to review us. We're very glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, and will be passing you comments on. We appreciate your business.
Novi, Michigan
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a really good time and food and service was great. This is definitely a place to go to! Sit down and enjoy.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Julia_Romeo
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We're very glad to hear you enjoyed your experience.
Plainfield, New Jersey
“Music and Drinks”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This place has always been great for their cover bands they have play on the weekends along with thier menu you can order from if you desire. I have spent many nights there, even before it was called Houlihans, and always had a great time.

Alex H, Guest Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.