“Good bet, especially for lunch”
Review of House of Wong

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
House of Wong
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Chinese
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Good bet, especially for lunch”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a number of times. Food is quite tasty and appears to be always fresh. Unlike some of the other reviewers, we have had the Tom Yum soup (yes, spicy) and it is routinely very good. Also, the staff is friendly and always say thanks when we leave. We enjoy the food so much, I once asked the owner if he considerd offering cooking classes. He replied that then no one would come to his restaurant. The lunch specials, served until 3:00, are quite the good value. For $8 or so you get hot tea, extra special noodles with duck sauce, and a portion plenty large and plenty delicous to fill up on. Just disregard the Weight Watchers and Dunkin Donuts in the same strip mall.

• Visited August 2013

New Jersey
“well rounded Asian food restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant has been around for over 20 years. They were originally located in Somerville shopping plaza where pathmark supermarket used to be now shoprite. It is the only restaurant in NJ that I know of that serves Thai and varies regional dishes from China that are well prepared. The Chinese dishes have the 'wok hay', the high heat flavor from the wok that denotes the wok is well seasoned and from a well trained chef. The general Tao's chicken is on the mark. The Mongolian beef or pork, fantastic! Can't go wrong with the chicken or beef with broccoli. The beef chow fun is my favorite. The Thai curry is not too shabby. The wait service is adequate and the price is very reasonable. And it's BYOB, can't go wrong with that.

• Visited August 2013
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Worst treatment I have EVER received in ANY restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I like to try new things when I eat out. I asked our waiter what Tom yum soup was, to which he only replied "very spicy." I like spicy food, and with no other info, I figured I would give it a shot. When I tasted the soup, it tasted like rancid oil. (So did the fried wontons on the table). I called over the waiter and asked if I could have something else because I didn't care for the soup. He immediately had a bad attitude and said "I told you very spicy" and he turned his back and walked away. I was SO offended. All this over a bowl of soup. All in all, the food was good, but I didn't go there to be talked to like I'm stupid. And I am a paying customer. I will not go back.

• Visited July 2013
Bound Brook, New Jersey
“Bad Service.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've been invited to this restaurant by friends about four times and every time we go, we have rude service. The food is good, nothing amazing but it is a tad expensive for the area. The waiter, maybe even owner, never cracks a smile or a "thank you" or "may I", "please". You are rushed to order and if you dare ask any questions, hold on for a 'rolling of the eyes' and a 'loud sigh'. I don't expect royal treatment but some courtesy wouldn't hurt. I am PAYING for my food. What do you think? It is a clean restaurant. But I prefer to feel welcomed.

• Visited May 2013
Millington, New Jersey
“What Happened??”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This WAS my favorite place to go for Chinese food. The last time I visited with my parents and family the food was awful! My mother's meal looked like cat food and I wound up getting diarrhea for several days. Sorry but we're not ever coming back. I wish I knew what happened here.

• Visited September 2012