“Excellent Value!!”

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed at Marriott Bridgewater, NJ in late June when in town for two Super-20 League soccer games nearby. We stayed just one night. We are long-time Marriott Rewards members and seek out Marriott hotels when possible because we tend to have such good experiences with Marriott. This hotel was no exception. Marriot Bridgewater turned out to be a much larger hotel than we expected but also a much nicer one than we expected for the price! This may have been the best place we have stayed for such an excellent price.
The room was nice and clean, the onsite restaurant was very good, room service was quick and convenient. We would stay here again if ever in the area again. Just across the street are a series of shops and restaurants that are convenient and nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2010

What a sensational place to stay. The room size was perfect, the service was first class, the restaurant and food were excellent. The staff working there were friendly and attentive. Oh, and I loved the dipping sauce. Couldn't help but buy a jar to bring home. Yum. Anyway, I enjoyed my two nights there. I can't think of anything to fault it - it was perfect in so many ways. No wait, I'm thinking no free wi-fi in the rooms. Oh and I'm pretty sure the guest book in the room says free incoming and outgoing faxes. But when I sent a fax from the business center, it charged $4 to my credit card. A slight-letdown. But that said, I thought this was a first class place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Booked this hotel close to family in Basking Ridge. SO GLAD WE DID!! We had teens and a 9 year old and we all agreed this was a great location. You can walk across the road to a upscale shopping plaza complete with a Starbucks. You can walk or ride across to a HUGE 3 story mall with every store you could wish for. Our room was handicapped accessible, so it and bathroom were HUGE! We loved this and needed the space for our tall family. The pool was great too. Three elevators made a wait time virtually non-existant. The hotel seemed to be a nitche for weddings, birthdays and travel ball so it was extremely busy on the weekend so if you move the car you'll be walking a distance when you return. This will be our place to stay when visiting family again!! Only negative was NO FREE WI-FI!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2010

If you typcially stay at Marriott hotels and you know what to expect from them, then this won't disappoint. It's clean, functional, and there's plenty of good service. I ran into a little trouble because the hotel was booked solid for various wedding parties and sports events, and while I requested a room with double beds (was travelling with the family), I could only get a room with a King. They brought up a roller bed and gave me extra Marriott points for the inconvenience. All in all, not too bad since we were there one night just to do shopping. One thing that I thought stood out from other Marirotts was the breakfast buffet. Very good selection, lots of things made to order, and a juicer station where you can make your own juice. They lay out all sorts of fruits and vegetables that you can put into the juicer and make your own delicious drink. I have to say it was pretty refreshing. Good hotel if you're in Bridgewater.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2010

On a recent stay in NJ, I spent 2 nights at the Bridgewater Marriot, even though I vowed
never to return to this hotel.

With so many choices in the area, why choose the Marriot. It's just a room with no value added.

Want the internet? That will be $11.95
Want Breakfast? That will be additional too.
Want a Robe? You'll have to stay on the club level where they charge $299 a night for mediocre offerings, which is only open Mon-Thurs.

The only real upgrade from the "Extended Stay" type hotels is a better shower head, and a slightly nicer bed.
Not worth the extra money, not to mention, I like having a suite with either a kitchen or simply a microwave/frig, free internet, and a hot breakfast every morning.

I now stay at Staybridge or even Fairmount type hotels when I travel for more than a night.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DaScubaLady
Reviewed April 7, 2010

At the Bridgewater Marriott, when you have a banquet or meeting you are charged a gratuity. The gratuity does not goto the staff. The hotel pays the staff a low wage and keeps the gratuity for the hotel for operating costs.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This hotel is very convenient to many corporations in the area.

Friendly, helpful, and informed staff, made my stay even better.

Good restaurant --- nice selection of food, and good service.

Breakfast can get VERY crowded... even at 7 am.

If you can --- venture out to Sommerville. Main Street is lined with restaurants, and we are glad that we were able to visit one of them.

There is a mall close to the property --which we visited after a LONG work day. It is a nice mall, and was almost empty.

We wish there was expanded shuttle service to client sites, the mall, etc.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!