All reviews across the street the concierge lounge shopping mall room service hotel bar make your own family wedding bed was very comfortable new jersey indoor pool business trip breakfast buffet fitness center staff was friendly chipotle starbucks highway
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2015

This is the second time I stayed in this hotel. The first time was terrible. My room was surrounded by wedding guests and they partied all night long. I was not able to sleep.

This time, I had a room close to the highway. You can hear the traffic noise from the room with the window closed. Again, I did not have a good night sleep.

Next time, I will either choose a different hotel or ask for a room on a higher floor and away from the highway (or party guests).

For the price I paid for this hotel, poor rating is more than adequate.

Room tip: Rooms with even numbers are facing the highway. The noise level is loud.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your stay at the Bridgewater Marriott.
Please accept our apologies for the noise issues you experienced. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay more enjoyable and less stressful.
Please feel free to check with our Front Office Leader upon check in for our follow up on your room assignment.
Thank you for your patronage and business. We look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2015

We stayed here for my daughter's softball college showcase. Great hotel with nice bar. Love the smell of the lobby and hallways, it reminded me of the Disney Dolphin hotel. The beds/linens are amazing, restful sleep. 62 degrees was the magic number for the A/C to be set on to be the temperature we prefer.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2015

I stay at many Marriot hotels and I can say that this is one of the nicest! The hotel is in a very easy access area and the people who work their are friendly and make you feel at home! The Concierge level is beautiful, its quiet and the food is amazing! Their one of the few that serve egg whites for breakfast and also offer a juicer that is great.

Room tip: If you can get on the 8th floor its the concierge level and the rooms are very quiet and easy to get to!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2015

Thank you for your posting your comments about your stay at the Bridgewater Marriott.
We appreciate your positive comments about our staff service and hotel amenities, we are glad that you enjoyed the fresh juice machine in the concierge lounge.
Your comments will be shared with our teams and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.
Thank you for your patronage and business.

Reviewed October 17, 2015

I just returned from a weekend convention at the Bridgewater Marriott and was disappointed with it in many ways.

First, employees were rude. This alone to me is inexcusable. A couple of hours after checking in, I went to the reception desk to inquire about a password for accessing the hotel's WiFi. I approached the front desk receptionist and told her I just had a question. Her answer was a snappy "Your last name?". I answered that I wasn't checking in but merely had a question. She repeated with an even more irritated tone of voice, and as if I was a bother to be dealing with, "Last name?". Again, I stated that I was already checked in and had my room key but gave her my name to appease her. She entered it in the computer and said, "Yes, you are checked in.". Yes, I already knew that and I repeated for the third time that I simply wanted to ask a quick question. Realizing I wasn't fibbing about being checked in (because I obviously looked too suspicious to be telling the truth without her verifying my story), she then permitted me to ask my question! The answer I was given was more of a bark than human speech. I had to ask her to repeat the password which she did in exactly the same intonation and speed and then walked away. I could not believe her rude behavior! I do not think I have been treated more poorly by any other hotel receptionist in my life!

Another disappointment, and frankly surprise, was the fact that the hotel actually only offers free WiFi to its guests on weekends! I had never heard of anything so ridiculous before! Only members of the hotel's gold rewards club something or other are apparently entitled to free WiFi on weekdays. I arrived at the hotel on Friday, so obviously that didn't count as the weekend yet. For all "non gold rewards club" members the fee was $10/day for high speed internet or $15/day for enhanced high speed internet. A hotel of this caliber, which aspires to be among the best chains in the country and charges accordingly, should reconsider such a petty policy. EVERY other hotel I have ever stayed at has always offered free WiFi to its guests for the whole duration of their stay, not just on weekends. Really, Marriott???

Thirdly, it was three of us (all adults) staying in one room. After checking in and going up to the room, we found it to be with only one queen size bed? We ended up being given a cot (!) for the third paying person. An oversight on the part of the management or their original plan? Either way, not good.

Additionally, the room we were given was right next to the elevators: room #328. It was VERY hard to fall asleep in the evening, even as late as midnight, because you could hear the elevators going up and down, up and down constantly. Not good sound proofing! Bed was comfortable but with all the noise, I still had a very restless night.

Next, upon leaving one of the convention sessions, because it was a large event, the line at the elevators was huge, so quite a few of us decided that we should just walk the stairs instead. Apparently, this turned out to be more complicated than any of us ever imagined! Since no one was able to see ANY signs for stairs anywhere in the lobby, we had to ask the receptionist (the "friendly" lady I had had the pleasure of meeting the previous day) to direct us to the closest stairwell. She then had to call security (!), who then instructed us to follow him and led the way out the front door, around the building along the parking lot and through a patch of grass to a stairwell at the farthest end of the hotel! This, to our utter bewilderment, were the ONLY stairs the four-story building had in case of an emergency!!! Hardly sufficient for such a large building and by far highly inconvenient! It was beyond ridiculous that you could not access the stairs from the lobby! Really, Marriott???

A few other things, more minor but nonetheless irritating and just signs of poor management: light dinner on the first night was served buffet style. There were two lines with identical choices of food on each (which by the way were items you would only normally see on a kids' menu: chicken fingers and mini bagel pizzas, the kind you get from the freezer section in the grocery store). Regardless of which end you started at, there were no plates and utensils set up there so you can start serving yourself from the food in front of you. You had to walk to the MIDDLE of the line first, in order to get plates and utensils and then go back to the beginning of the line to help yourself to food. Was there any thought given to this set up? I highly doubt it. Everybody was just shaking their heads while stepping on top of each other to get plates and then return at point A.

Another seemingly minor problem was with the dessert I was served at lunch: chocolate cake with a swirl of whipped cream and half a strawberry. Since the cake was extremely dense, rich and heavy, I decided to eat the strawberry instead only to find it had an ONION taste! I am not a professional chef, but even I know to wash my knife and cutting boards after cutting onions and before starting to handle other vegetables and definitely fruit! Any professional kitchen staff should know that but apparently not the one at the Bridgewater Marriott! Really? You can imagine how much I enjoyed that dessert...

I am a person who likes leaving great reviews when they are deserved (you can check my profile to see for yourself), but I also can't sit back and not leave a negative one when I have had an experience so below average, as the one I just described.

The room was clean, yes, but even with that one positive (the reason I did give the hotel at least two stars), I still would not go back there. Too much attitude and lack of thought and good management, prices too high to justify the poor experience I had. Very disappointing.

Room tip: Definitely not close to an elevator!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank m0m23cuties

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the group event at the Bridgewater Marriott, we appreciate your business.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay, we strive to provide guests with top notch service and enjoyable stay and we failed to meet this goal for you.
The comments you provided will be shared with our team to ensure this was an isolated incident and for our internal follow up.
Please note the following notes to clarify some of the issues you noted:
* the hotel handled the group room blocking based on the rooming list and room type provided by the group contact,
* hotel stairwells lead from the floors to the first floor outside area, this is by design complying with the fire regulations of Bridgewater Township,
* we offer complimentary internet for all weekend guests, your comments will be shared with our corporate office for possible changes to our internet offer during the week.
* for the group's reception on Friday night, the menu was selected by the group's planner, the set up was changes to a reception style service for this year, with multiple serving stations to allow more interaction for the group attendees.
Thank you again for your comments, we will share them with the group planner to improve the event for 2016.

Reviewed October 9, 2015

I stayed here two nights for business this week. I slept comfortably and soundly both nights. The room was clean, the thermostat worked well and there was no evidence of wear on the furnishings. Oddly, the TV did not seem to have a sleep timer option, which is unusual nowadays.
The hotel is convenient to Sanofi and other business locations, and that convenience is reflected in the room rates. The hotel is also convenient to shopping and dining options.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your Bridgewater Marriott overnight stay experience. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your business.
We will share your positive comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering Staff and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Bridgewater Marriott again in the near future.