All reviews across the street the concierge lounge shopping mall room service hotel bar make your own family wedding bed was very comfortable new jersey indoor pool business trip breakfast buffet fitness center staff was friendly chipotle starbucks highway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2015

The public space in the hotel was great, very clean, but my room broken. The closet door was broken, the light in the entrance way made a loud buzzing noise, the tub leaked water over the floor. I also left my phone charger in the room and called not even 10 hours later. The cleaning people "didn't find anything". More likely they didn't report anything found and took it. When I called they said they checked the room.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2015

Thank you for your time to post your comments on your stay at the Bridgewater Marriott.
Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with the closet door, entrance light and tub leak. Our engineering team will check the room and make the necessary corrections.
We also researched our lost and found locations and reporting logs for the phone charger and could not find it among the multiple chargers, located in lost and found, that other guests have left by mistake. We will mail it to you if found.
Thank you again for your business and comments, we hope to serve you again in the near furture.

Reviewed August 18, 2015

I spent almost a week here for business and had an excellent stay. I feel this hotel is catered more towards business travelers, though non-business travelers would find this hotel quite suitable as well.

The staff at check-in were friendly and prompt. During morning and afternoon rush hour, at least 1-2 staff members are standing in the lobby to greet you and assist you in any way. I thought this was a nice touch and don't recall seeing such presence in many other hotels.

I had a standard room with a king-sized bed. The size of the room and comfort of the bed met all my expectations you'd expect from a Marriott brand. The A/C also worked perfectly fine as was the shower pressure. I could hear some noise coming from outside the room, though inside the room, I did not hear anything (though, I'm not entirely sure if I had any neighbors during my stay).

I particularly liked the complimentary mini bottle of water provided (next to the larger one you have to pay) and the mini refrigerator. I also particularly liked how plenty of outlets and USB ports were available, both next to the bed as well as on the desk. You could comfortably plug in all your devices without any problems.

The only thing missing that I hoped to see were those breakfast menus you can fill out and hang outside your room the night before (to have it delivered to your room at a designated time window). I had a few early meetings and would have appreciated this service while getting ready.

Though that particular room service was not available, they do have a quick service Starbucks selling pastries, a hot item and fruit. In the morning, there is also a bookcase with complimentary mini-water bottles and a few fresh fruit across from check-in. I also took advantage of having breakfast once in the restaurant and found the food to be delivered promptly and quite good.

As a business traveler, I felt this hotel was in a great location. Directly across the street is a shopping mall with a lot of great restaurant choices to fit any budget from casual food court fare, casual dining (Chipotle, Shake Shack, CPK) to higher end dining (Seasons 52, McCormick & Schmicks).

Despite focusing my review from a business traveler's perspective, I think this hotel would also be great for non-business travelers who need to be in this area. I feel this hotel tries really hard to make sure everyone's stay is pleasant and I would have no problems staying here again.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your very positive experience at the Bridgewater Marriott, we appreciate your loyalty and business.
We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of the many guest amenities that the hotel is offering in the rooms and food and beverage outlets. If you are traveling and staying with us in the near future please try our Fresh Bites in room dining options, we offer locally inspired, freshly made options in a to go packaging to be enjoyed in the room or on the go.
Your comments will be shared with our hotel teams and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future at the Bridgewater Marriott.

Reviewed August 14, 2015

I had not been to this hotel in some time as I usually prefer to stay elsewhere.

However, this time around I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby has been completely redone. There is much less wasted space and the large, open area is much more conducive to conversation and collaboration. There's even a Starbucks in the lobby which is a welcome caffeine source early in the a.m. (and a nice change from the little mini coffee makers in the rooms).

But the restaurant/room service still needs work. After one exhausting day, I just wanted to relax in my room and eat in peace. First, I spent 10 minutes searching for the little book that usually lists the hotel amenities and the room service menu. There was no such thing. After opening every drawer in the place, I noticed a little brochure sticking up out of the little caddy on the desk. It had some sort of catchy name on it but it took me a while to realize that it was actually food-related.

The menu is more like a listing of "take out" options and it arrived in a paper shopping bag with plastic utensils. An interesting approach but not what I would have expected in a hotel. If I had wanted take out, I would have gone across the street to Chipotle and spent a lot less for much better food.

Aside from the packaging, the food itself just wasn't that good (that has not changed, unfortunately). But it was VERY expensive!. For almost $30 I would at least have expected cutlery.

There are some things that are noticeably better here and it's obvious that they're making the effort. But I think they've still got a way to go. Baby steps.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2015

Bridgewater Marriott continues to amaze me. Corporate hotel by weekday, family location for the weekend traveller. Great renovation of the restaurant area / lobby. Very comfortable and inviting. Had 40 guests for breakfast in the private dining room on Sunday morning. Private space but easy access to the buffet. Really good value. Staff was their please.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2015

Thank you for posting your very positive experience in our restaurant, Booker and Zinc.
Your comments about the food, value, location and hotel staff service will be shared with our teams.
We appreciate your business and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Bridgewater Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

Service was sooooo slow in the restaurant.
Second morning there, told waiter I am in a rush for an appointment.
Still took a long time, and got raw pancakes.
Sent them back and left without a meal, just could not wait
for them to cook another dish.
Otherwise, hotel staff helpful and stay was uneventful. Just too pricey.
I usually stay at places with rooms just as nice, free fast breakfast and
much lower nightly rates. Did not pick this hotel, would not book on my own,
stayed as part of a group.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the negative experience in our restaurant for breakfast.
Please accept our sincere apologies for these inconveniences. Your comments were shared with our Restaurant and Culinary Leaders for their immediate actions in staff retraining and to ensure this was an isolated incident.
Thank you for your business and we hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us during your travels to the Bridgewater area in the near future.