“Stopped by during roadtrip”

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We (me, my husband and 6 year old daughter) were on a road trip home from NYC, August 1, 2014. We had spent the entire day walking the streets of NYC and sightseeing and left that evening. Who were we kidding? By the time we got to Bridgewater, NJ we couldn't do it anymore, we were so tired! So we pulled into a parking lot and looked for accommodations in the area. We found a Groupon for the Marriott for a standard king room at $89 a night. We were sold! We just needed a decent place to stay for the night and it was beyond decent!

When we arrived, the check in was seamless. It was a bit of a wait, as there was only one person at the front desk (about 9pm). However, the two ladies in front of me liked to chit chat and ask every question you could think of. So, it's not really the hotel's fault for the wait. When it was my turn, I checked in, got my keys, signed my life away (jk!) and was done in about 10 minutes or less.

The hotel itself was really nice! Too bad we weren't staying. We were in room 505 (I believe) which was a corner room. It was huge! I'm not sure if all king size rooms are like the one we had, but it was really huge! It had a connecting room option as well. When we walked in, the entryway/foyer area was large with the bathroom at an angle, then down a small hall to the room. Even the room was really large for a hotel room and the TV was probably a 46". We had one long wall of windows that overlooked the front of the property.We couldn't see it at night, but in the morning it has a nice shopping area with restaurants within walking distance. Really nice area! Who knew?

The bed was comfy, the TV big, and the bathroom clean. I didn't see a safe but I didn't look for it either. There's a coffee maker in the room although ours was broken. Bummer.. we wanted that coffee before we hit the road.

I was informed the gym was open 24 hours and the pool until 11, both accessible by your room key. However, since we were there just to sleep and shower, we didn't get to enjoy any of the amenities. There happened to be kids baseball (maybe?) team staying there and the next day was a wedding. Wish we had the time to explore the grounds, but we were on a schedule.

We would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area, although I'm not sure we'll ever be in that area again unless on the same road trip.

Still, great hotel! Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. I’m thrilled to see that you were satisfied with our hotel’s offerings after taking a chance on that Groupon! If you’re in the area again, I hope you’ll take some time to enjoy the local shopping and dining—feel free to ask any of our staff members for their personal recommendations. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The management of this hotel is outstanding. We had some concerns in advance and every detail was attended to with warmth and kindness. Absolutely a good find! I would highly recommend to anyone who will be in the area.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Testing 1 2 3 hdjdudbdhdjdbshdudhdbshdh7ehciencien in neon Cuenca nice born us neon is neo neo be in Einhorn niche into nice in own corning neon either nice nine in nine ineicneicnienciencien income in 4ucmelmcienicwnxnuebxwonxiwnxuwmpxnwixneuxnwixbuen iwnxinexiencinwixnwoxneixniemxiwbxienx

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed with a wedding group. Breakfast was our favorite- the restaurant staff was very attentive.We enjoyed the buffet on the weekend and ordered off the menu on Monday (try the "margherita" omelet!)
The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Warm room / cool pool. The staff took excellent care of us. The shower and wedding (at the hotel) were lovely, and the food was great.
Nice, clean room with soft linens and a lovely view of the mountainous Garden State.
In-room coffee and the lobby Starbucks machine coffee were lousy, but I think maybe it was the tap water (which always tastes weird in a strange town). Coffee in the restaurant was just fine. Maybe they have a water filter?
Overall- very impressed with staff- met with smiles and attentiveness at every corner :)

Room Tip: Bring bottled water No fridge or microwave (though i think you can request) Don't order delive...
Reviewed July 30, 2014

just stayed overnight, did use indoor pool. Very clean, nice concierge level bkfst. Close to hwy.
indoor pool was a little cloudy, and cool but still nice feature to have. Staff very helpful and willing to please. Would definitely use again for a quick weekend if visiting the area again

Room Tip: get concierge level
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I came to visit this area with my Fiancee after having moved out of the area in 1995. After reading various other reviews, I figured we'd give this Marriott the benefit of the doubt. We made our reservations 1 month in advance for our 3 night stay here. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Zack at the reception desk, and we checked in. I also asked Zack if they had the mic/refrig in our room that we requested a month ago, they didn't have anything already set up. Zack stated they'd have those items sent up and set up shortly. We arrived around 12:30PM after a LONG ride from Ma. We went back out for awhile, then when we got back, we find that the mic/frig are no where to be found, we had to call the desk to remind them to bring them up. They finally sent a service man up with them about 20 min later.

We ordered room service for our dinner, some sandwiches and fries (turkey club sandwiches). Our dinners were delicious and we paid for that on our credit card. That night, we left the breakfast card on the room door for them to bring us our breakfast the next morning. Breakfast came between 8-8:15Am which was our requested time element.

Our breakfast was 1 order well done poached eggs, 1 scrambled. The poached eggs arrived NOT well done, but rather running to a point of NOT cooked, EWWWW. They also neglected to give us additional cream for the coffee. The scrambled eggs were delicious as were the blueberry muffins. The choco milk requested was a measly 1 pint container, gee, could they spare it ? A call downstairs got the eggs corrected but the coffee had no additional cream. The hashbrowns sucked as did the sausage, basically dog food.

Their tv channels suck too, mostly sports channels, and no good movies channels unless you want to PAY for on demand.

Our bathroom had a smell of sewer in it and a banging sound emanating from the tub drain. I called the desk about it, their (engineer) guy calls me back to advise me to try running the bathtub water for a few minutes and then shut it off. Great, that did the trick, but it still shouldn't have had that problem to begin with.

On our 1st night, at 10PM, we get a knock on our door, and it's a woman who seemed a bit mentally not with it and possibly drunk, she saw me and then she stated "oh I have the wrong room" and she gave no apology for bothering us.

Our 2nd night, the same woman has a hotel guy knock on our door around 8PM, after the door is opened, I see the SAME woman at our door, holding a baby in her arms, she sees me, and then says "oh my God, I did it again! ", no apology for the 2nd disturbance.

Our 2nd night, people who attended a wedding arrived between midnight and 2AM and woke us from a sound sleep. I notified the desk, and after 20 rings on the phone, some moron named Winston answers the phone and says he'll send someone up to keep an eye for a little while.

We had asked to NOT be near any wedding party people, and we ended up right in the same area as them!

A lot of sleep was lost in this place :(

Pros: GREAT beds/showers/toilets/hotel staff are nice enough.
Cons: VERY thin walls, don't expect a good night's sleep in this place, it isn't gonna happen/loud people in halways/ room service food/CHECK YOUR RECIEPTS FOR ERRORS!/charges for local phone calls when it says right on the room phone FREE LOCAL CALLS/some housekeeping people DON'T speak English!/ hotel room rates.

Bottom line, we'll never stay here again. We should've paid the higher price for a hotel chain down the road further west.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your constructive comments. It's clear from your detailed review that we did not provide the high level of service that we expect from ourselves--and more importantly, that you deserve. My teams and I would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay and assure you that the hotel will be taking immediate action to address and correct our processes and service delivery. We appreciate that out of many hotel options, you chose ours for your visit to the area, and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust and demonstrate how greatly we value you as our guest.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for Frank Fricano, Director of Hotel Operations.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked this hotel as a recommended hotel for three days from the Balloon Festival website. We were not disappointed. Upon check-in the front desk was courteous and helpful. I review hotel rooms on their cleanliness. The room was very clean. Carpet was clean - no dust around the edges. The bathroom was super clean - no mold in the bathtub. When we walked into the room, I noticed a smell - which was a good smell. There was a brand new shower curtain liner in the bathroom. It looked like the shower curtain was new as well. Room was cleaned nicely each day. As we were looking for other activities in the area, I wish I got their names, there were three people who were very helpful at the concierge desk. They suggested, parks, nearby towns, shopping that we may be interested in. They provided maps and directions to those areas. That was much appreciated as we did do some of what they suggested and enjoyed it very much. Had they not said something, we would not have known what else was in the area. The hotel was crowded and sometimes parking was a problem but I would rather stay in a hotel that has activity, than a hotel that has minimal occupants. Did not eat at the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celeste308
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!