“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I really appreciated the helpfulness of the staff. There was a problem with my room key, and John at the front desk fixed it immediately and gave me concierge access for my trouble. Later they even called my room to make sure all was fine. I have to say that I've certainly had room key issues elsewhere, but never were they so quick to fix, apologetic, and with follow up. During the rest of my stay I experienced the same level if service from all staff I came into contact with, especially front desk and housekeeping. I will be coming back to the area and plan to stay here.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We know first-hand how frustrating it can be when you get to your room, only to find that your key doesn't work. I’m glad to see that our staff was able to take care of the issue so that you could simply enjoy your time in the area. We’ll be looking forward to making your next stay even better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were simply looking for a place to "crash" while visiting family. Somerset County, NJ is not a resort area, but I must say that the brochure included in the room shows there really is a wide variety of things to do around there, both in town and in the countryside. This is a no-frills, well-kept hotel. It charges extra for almost everything (so I think it's intended for business travelers), but the base rates were quite good, at least on the weekend. It was right on the outskirts of Somerville, the largest town in the area. The only problem is that it's on one of these roads they build for commercial properties only: a mall, some banks, restaurants, and this hotel. The two ends of the road empty you on to highways, so navigating out of there is hard or easy, depending on where you're going.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel! It’s fantastic that you were able to enjoy the attractions in the surrounding area while visiting family. While the various roadways that intersect near our location can lead to confusion—as you said, depending on where you’re headed—our front desk agents are very knowledgeable of the area and would be happy to help you get going in the right direction. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at the restaurant before but this was my first time staying here.
We ate at the hotel bar and the main restaurant menu is also available to order from.
The chef came out to speak with us since we have a particular diet. He's very friendly and accommodating.
The food is high quality and the service is great. Steve is excellent!
The concierge room had a great breakfast and the fact that you can make your own fresh juice won me over. I love that they had multiple healthy options and even provided me soymilk for my coffee.
I would recommend this Marriott. The service, food, location is all right on point.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I’m pleased to see that after having enjoyed our restaurant in the past, you decided to stay with us as well! Our restaurant staff will be thrilled to hear your kind words, and I’m sure they were delighted to host you. It’s great to see that you were also able to try our new juicing station in the concierge lounge. If you’re ever interested in trying some exciting new juice combinations, feel free to ask the attendant for recommendations—they would be happy to assist you! Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

As expected for a chain of level, the room was spacious, clean, well equipped. I had the occasion of staying twice within one week. When I realized I would like to stop here again on the road back home, I remembered I was a "rewards" member and qualified for at least one free night, which I took advantage of.. Remembering the charge for the Wi-fi from the first stay I thought for sure It would be free under rewards membership. No, not the case. I was rather shocked for as a frequent traveler I rarely encounter this these days.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind thoughts about our hotel. I’m glad that our hotel was able to meet your expectations, and that you were able to take advantage of your Marriott Rewards membership for a free night! As you mentioned, there is a charge for Wi-Fi in the guest rooms, however we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our spacious lobby area. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to have the chance to host you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel a few times since my first review. Nothing has changed since then except they have stopped placing envelopes in the room for us to keep money for the cleaners. In my last review, Eric replied. In subsequent stays, i got to see a Eric at the front desk. He is the most pleasant person I have met in all the hotels i have stayed. More so, he even remembered me. All in all, the hotel is a little pricey for bridgewater and that must be because of the mall proximity. I don't think i will be staying there anytime in the near future as there are much better value hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for returning to our hotel for your last few stays. I deeply appreciate you giving our hotel another chance to demonstrate the type of value we offer in our location. I’m saddened to see that our full-service features, emphasis on guest service, and proximity to local points of interest did not fulfill your expectations. However, I am eager to learn more about how we might better serve you, and all of our guests, and continue to increase the value we provide. I will provide my email address in a private message; if you have any further suggestions, comments, or questions about our hotel, I would love to hear your ideas!

Thank you again for returning to our hotel and providing all of your valuable feedback. We remain committed to continuously increasing the value we offer our guests, and your feedback helps us accomplish that. It was a pleasure to serve you, both here and at the hotel!
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

As I walked to my car this morning in the freezing rain, I was surprisingly met by a guy with a large ice scraper. He volunteered to take care of the thick ice on my car. I said I was fine (not knowing he was hotel staff), he assured me he was the Marriott team - said to get in and warm up the car and he would clean all the windows. Thank you so much!!!! The weather this morning was miserable. I was on my way to work, unprepared for scrapping windows and in a very few quick minutes, he was finished, sent me on my way with a very cheerful - 'TAKE CARE AND DRIVE CAREFULLY!"

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing this experience! Stories like these are always a delight to read, and I’m thrilled to see that one of our team members was able to help make a morning of troublesome weather a bit easier for you. We look forward to your future stays, and I want to personally let you know that we are at your service and happy to assist you in any way. Have a very happy holidays!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Bridgewater Marriott is a full service, first rate hotel that is located in an area of Central New Jersey that is home to a number of large corporations that maintain either their headquarters, or regional offices. That said we found the hotel just as welcoming on a recent long holiday weekend, when we were visiting family in the area.

The staff was courteous, the public areas spacious, and the rooms were of ample size, well maintained, and very comfortable. (2) restaurants and room service are offered, as well as a pool, and good sized fitness center. We chose a package that included a buffet breakfast that was of a quality that sets Marriott ahead of other hotel chains.

As mentioned this hotel is an a corporate area, but the upscale Bridgewater Commons Mall is just opposite the hotel, as are a number of other couple and family attractions.

My only gripe was that it took (3) visits to the front desk to get the rooms keys to work.

Ken

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, Guest Services Specialist at Bridgewater Marriott, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. Our team in the restaurant will be thrilled to see that you held the quality of our buffet breakfast in such high regard! I would also like to thank you for your feedback and apologize about your room keys not working as intended, even after multiple attempts. We will be working closely with the front desk to implement alternatives to minimize this type of frustrating situation for our guests. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Courtyard Basking Ridge
Courtyard Basking Ridge
#3 of 4 in Basking Ridge
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!