“Very Nice Hotel”

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel offered what I expect from a Marriott but wasn't exceptional. The room was large, clean, and quiet. The staff was friendly. Unfortunately, like other hotels of this sort, I couldn't escape the feeling they were more interested in my money than in me. Everything has a price tag and it just bugs me to have to pay $10 a day for internet access and have to tip a bellman to get a luggage cart for a couple of bags. The concierge lounge offers a very nice breakfast on weekends and is open daily on weekdays. It's open to gold and platinum Marriott members. The restaurant is very expensive and doesn't offer non-fancy fare so we skipped it, eating at Maggiano's Little Italy which was walking distance with a light to cross the street. I'd highly recommend it. The Commons Mall, also across the street but driving distance, offers both Cheesecake Factory and McCormick and Schmidts restaurants as well as a food court. There is also a Starbucks in the grouping with Maggiano's.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I nearly live at this hotel and it feels like a home away from home. The service is impeccable and the rooms are large and clean. And the internet always works.

The staff remember my face and my name and make me feel welcome everytime I walk in the door. The exercise facilties are nicely done.

Best of all the hotel has a terrific bar and a restaurant that serves up high caliber meals -- much needed for the weary busy traveler.

Kudos to the Bridgewater Marriott!

Room Tip: The place does have long halls so decide whether you want to be near the elevator or far away.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lana S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here periodically over the past 6 years and have found the hotel to be clean and quiet. However, I think that management has implemented several cost saving measures more indicative of a 2 star hotel instead of the 3.5 star rating that they have.

This is supposed to be a 3.5 star hotel. However, management has installed water flow restrictors on the faucets and the showers - so you spend an inordinate amount of time in the shower getting the soap off of your hands and body. The towels are of the cheaply made variety - very thin pile - and they only supply you with 2 of them instead of 4. No magazines in the rooms. No extra kleenex in case you run out. If you stay more than 1 night, they won't give you a new bar or soap or a new vial of shampoo.

I know this is nickel and dime stuff - which is precisely why it annoys me. This is stuff you would expect at a 2 star hotel. What would it cost them to change this - a whole $2 per room? And what are they charging you - $289 during the week? If they want to manage the place like a 2 star, then they should charge 2 star prices. Instead, they charge 4 star prices and give you 2 star service. When I stay at a hotel, I want to feel good that I stayed there. At this place, I don't feel good when I wake up and see the bill that was slipped under the door - instead I feel annoyed when I compare the price I paid to what I received. This place is now at the low end of my list the next time I visit Bridgewater.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Buzz355
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel extensively on business and I normally stay in Marriott group hotels. Also I have Platinum status with Marriott.
I checked into this hotel and discovered that the rooms did not have a refrigerator - most Marriott's I have stayed in do have a small refrigerator in the rooms. The reason I was given was that this is one of their "older" properties and as such they are not provided. As I was staying for about 10 days I requested a refrigerator like I have done many time before at other hotels. This request was denied with the explanation that refrigerators were only for medical reasons and that I would have to get a letter from my employer stating that I required one for medical reasons. One of my colleagues who was also staying in this hotel at t he same time, had one in his room which he was not using, but they were not interested. So that was the first bad mark against this establishment.
The rooms are about average, but the walls seem to be very thin because I could hear the person next door coughing through the night. Second bad mark.
As I did not have a refrigerator, I would get my water and milk for my tea from the concierge lounge before going to bed. This way my milk would not go off before use in the morning. Well over the weekend the concierge lounge is closed - from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. So I decided to go downstairs to their shop for my "supplies". Sorry no milk in the shop. The person on the front desk said "no problem" they would send some up to my room from the kitchen. Great.........but I am still waiting 4 days later!!! 3rd bad mark.
Decided to eat in the restaurant downstairs - TBones. Very expensive and not that good - rather go to Maggiano's across the road - better quality and value. 4th bad mark.
I am traveling to Bridgewater again but I have booked into another hotel - sorry Marriott you have lost my business.
As a general observation - one cannot use the excuse that this is an older property to cover up for bad service and high prices.

Room Tip: Try a room at the back of the hotel as you can hear the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank glandsb500
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is my second time here and at checkin was greeted by a very nice staff. I stayed on the concierge floor and it was very quiet. I asked for and got a non-connecting room. Next morning had breakfast in lounge and was very good. At departure the manager helped me out with my luggage. Very nice stay. Toiletries need to be upgraded.

Room Tip: Get concierge level if possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ScopeDRK
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent the weekend at this hotel because one of my friends was getting married in the area. The hotel was packed with people from 4 different weddings.
I must say, you didn't even notice that. It was super quiet.
The room was cozy, we had a king bed. The pillows are to die for!!
I totally recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yayalola
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Rooms spacious and comfortable - but not cheap at $240 per night. Extras are a killer and not what you would expect after paying so much. The rate, unbelievably, did not include breakfast (which was non-buffet, extra's such as maple syrup, tea, toast all charged per item), wi-fi (so-called high speed was slower than dial-up), cheapest glass of wine $11 in the bar.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank muirisdowling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!