“A bit expensive for the location, but generally nice”

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was here on business right after Hurricane Sandy. The place was packed and the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed, but the room was nice and service was generally good. It does seem a big expensive given where it is, but if you need to be in the area it was quite comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a room with two double beds and it was quite large.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a shopping tour to New York state. The room was spacious and the beds were averagely comfortable. The washroom was average as well, I wouldn't say it was sparkly clean as I certainly did not feel that way.

There's really nothing in the proximity of the hotel besides the little mall across the street. We went to stroll around and found some nice deals and went for the cheap Chipotle for dinner and also stole wifi from starbucks because there was no free wifi at the hotel. Like seriously?! In this age, I hardly believe you're going to charge extra for wifi.... because yes I will actually go over to starbucks and buy a $6 frap to use their wifi than pay $10+ for wifi in my room. I understand (bitterly) if you exclude wifi as a hotel in the city to keep prices competitive but this is...

The staff was very nice, we requested for more shampoo/conditioner and those things and we were given a loot bag full! Very generous.

The hotel lobby was fairly big and roomy (and fit all 50+ of our tour group with room to spare) and they kindly took my postcard and sent it for me with no problems.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We made a reservation right before Hurricane Sandy and Im glad we did! We were only able to get one night but we were very happy. It was a huge hotel with lots of room for our little boy to roam around. The room was clean and the service was good. I found the breakfast buffet to be a little on the expensive side but thought it was worth it because of the juicer they had with all fresh fruits and veggies! I would 100% stay again. Wish we could have spent the rest of the week there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott in Bridgewater, NJ for one night. It was a great hotel and we had an excellent stay. We checked in around 4 pm, which was quick, friendly and easy. We requested a quiet area of the hotel, as it was obvious there was going to be a few weddings staying there that evening (from the gift bags behind the counter). Our room was exceptionally quiet, clean and comfortable. We had room service around midnight and it was hot, fresh and reasonably priced for room service. Check-out was easy and quick. Overall, it was a great stay. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked the Newark Airport Marriott before leaving on a delayed flight from Mumbai, India - only to find out the hotel overbooked and put me on a 45 minute taxi tour to stay at the Bridgewater Marriott.
i wasn't a very happy guest, since I had a confirmed and prepaid reservation.
I really did not want to stay at the Bridgewater Marriott, but the property, but had little choice. However the hotel was well managed. Staff was understanding and did everything they could to eliminate my frustration.
After a swim at the indoor pool and a 20 minute work out at the basic gym, I enjoyed my very comfortable room and a good night of sleep.
The room has all the amenities I would expect from a first class business hotel.
I left in the morning for my 50 minute taxi ride back to Newark airport- and a lot less upset.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is very good, the room are very confortable, the people at the front desk very professionals, food is very good BUT if your rooms is on the back on the highway side, you have really the feeling to sleep over a road with permanent and really heavy noice so ask a room to be on the parking side

Reviewed October 19, 2012

typical marriott. . . very easy parking. . walk across the stree to the mall. very heavy business traveller crowd, mostly with the big pharma companies. Consierge lounge is acutally quite nice with good views, open and a bit bigger than most similarly sized marriotts. Breakfast in the consierge lounge is average...(eggs only, no bacon) It used to be custom omlettes and bacon but marriott has cut back on amenities in the past 18 months .. ... It gets my vote for business travel but I do not consider it an especailly nice or bad place.. ..It used to be a lot better 12 to 18 months ago.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!