“Very Nice Marriott”

Bridgewater Marriott
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed March 3, 2008

We stayed here prior to a dance competition and were travelling with two children. It was very nice! The room was clean and very comfortable. Great pillows and comforters! Pool area was really great. Ordered room service. They said about 40 minutes - it came in 15... Food was pricey but all room service is... Quality of food was very nice. We had gotten a great weekend rate that included two adult/two children buffett breakfasts. You couldn't really beat the value. Staff at breakfast was more than accomodating. Great place!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank travelgirlKW

Reviewed January 25, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week and a half in early Jan '08 for business. My company uses this hotel frequently due to its proximity to our offices in NJ.

I am very picky about hotels, but I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I think the hotel is fairly new, so it feels clean. The room was clean and had standard features. The bed was very nice. Loved the nice linens and fluffy comforter.

Notewothy: I called the hotel in advance and requested a refrigerator and microwave for my room. There is no charge for this service. Both appliances were in my room upon arrival. However, the fridge was very dirty when I opened it. Something had spilled inside and had never been cleaned. I called house keeping to report the problem. House keeing arrived with in 30 minutes with a new fridge. The house manager that night was very apologetic about the nasty condition of the fridge. About an hour later, room service arrived at my door with a bottle of wine, a bottle of chilled Voss water, and a hand written card from the house manger apologizing (again) for the condition of the fridge. I was most impressed with this response and was very grateful for their attention and customer serivce.

Positives: The location of this hotel is great. Right across the street is a small shopping center with several restaurants (Chipotle & Maggiano's) and shops (Loft, Banana Republic). A little further down the road is a huge mall.

Also, I ordered room service two times for dinner while I was there. The food was very good, and it arrived quickly, but I thought it was a bit pricey, but it was good quality.

Negatives: This hotel charges $10.95 per day for high speed internet. I think this is absurd. Obviously they are taking advantage of the business travelers that stay there and have to have high speed.

Also, I did find the walls to be a little thin. I could clearly hear people in the halls (door slamming), talking on the phone, toilets flushing, etc. The gym is decent, but the ellipticals are very outdated.

All in all this is a good hotel, and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank 3weeks
Reviewed January 15, 2008

open, spacious, clean. within walking distance of numerous places to shop or play. we booked 2 rooms, and our trip was to go to six flags. it was well worth driving the distance to make the round trip to six flags and back. the price was perfect, we booked off priceline, what a great price. there was absolutely nothing wrong with our stay here, and we will be staying there again next summer. great place. love it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank harveygreen44
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This was the worst experience we ever had in any hotel. The humidity in the room was so bad that my laptop was destroyed. Corporate did nothing for me and said they could not be responsible. The sheets were wet form the humidity, all our clothes were wet and breath mints turned into marshmellows. The staff just made us fill out a form and we literally got nothing. They would not even reimburse me for the internet I was forced to pay for cause my laptop was damaged. Security was also non-existent. They actually had someone sneak into the pool area and occupied the restroom for over a half an hour.

Other guest on our floor had a similar experience with humidity as well. I would never stay at a Marriott again unless it was hospice care.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Good Points:-

Quiet
Very comfortable bed
Nice pillows
Shops and restaurant opposite the hotel
Got a promotional rate. Very good price.
Clean
Good room service breakfast

bad points:

You won't want to stay here unless you have a meeting nearby. This is at least 30 miles from NYC.
Doesn't seem to have a restaurant for breakfast

Overall:
Not many complaints

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My husband & I spent an evening at the Bridgewater Marriott in September 2007. We were happy to get a room for $52/night on Priceline (though we were super impressed and would happily spend the weekend rack rate of $119 if Priceline doesn't have any rooms available).

The beds at the Marriott are much better than the ones that they have in their lesser chains (Courtyard, Fairfield, etc). The foam mattresses have a down topper that makes the bed so much more plush. Between that and the sumptous linens, I was perfectly happy to spend hours on end reading & watching TV in bed. We had a king room on one of the sides of the hotel. We heard no road noise from our room (439). The room was a bit small for a Marriott, but there was plenty of room for the two of us. The bathroom was huge, and the Bath & Body Works products were a nice touch.

Everyone we met was very friendly. The same woman who checked us in also checked us out the next day, and she was very friendly. We enjoyed the hot tub & the pool, and there were plenty of towels available. While we chose not to use the fitness center, it did have a lot of equipment & a water cooler.

The hotel is very convenient to the Bridgewater Mall (especially the new Village at Bridgewater shops) & the business park. For dining, there is a Maggiano's Little Italy & a Chipotle Mexican Grill at the Village, as well as a food court at the mall itself. There are two restaurants in the hotel that aren't priced too bad for a hotel restaurant, but we ventured out and found a TGI Friday's about 10 minutes from the hotel (note: aside from the two restaurants in the Village, the food court & the hotel restaurants, it's a bit of a hike to find anything). If you want to go out to eat aside from these places, I'd recommend doing some research before you come so that you know which way(s) to head.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend a few nights at this Marriott. It's a very nice property!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsKruse
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This hotel is very "5 star". The room was very nice, great view, AWESOME beds, pillows and sheets. Big tv with plenty of channels, HUGE work desk and a massive bathroom w/ tons of amenities. Hotel staff was very professional and well dressed. Room and hall smalled crisp and fresh, rugs and carpet looked brand new..

But, anything else, you were nickel and dimed for. WiFi was $10 a day, to have a bowl of cereal and a milk sent to your room cost $5. Soda was $2+ a bottle. NO continental breakfast.. to just get cereal and milk yourself cost over $3 for a very small bowl. With the rate you pay for the room, you'd think something may be included, atleast wifi.

Pool was nice but only 5 feet deep, jacuzzi was nice but ive had better. Fitness center looked nice as well, but i dont work out. Business center was nice and well equipped but kinda vague on the pricing. They also had a PC where you can print your airline tickets, book rental cars and etc. Checkout was 12, which was very nice. Laundry service was also on site.

Overall, NICE room but everything else was just "ok". For the price, i think you can find better. There were a lot of
yippity" and "upscale" folks there. As a middle class guy, i felt very out of place.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
4 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!