“great hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
virginia
“great hotel”
Reviewed January 15, 2008

open, spacious, clean. within walking distance of numerous places to shop or play. we booked 2 rooms, and our trip was to go to six flags. it was well worth driving the distance to make the round trip to six flags and back. the price was perfect, we booked off priceline, what a great price. there was absolutely nothing wrong with our stay here, and we will be staying there again next summer. great place. love it.

• Liked — everything was perfect at the time of our stay
  • Disliked — read the above statement
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank harveygreen44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Buffalo Grove, IL
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This was the worst experience we ever had in any hotel. The humidity in the room was so bad that my laptop was destroyed. Corporate did nothing for me and said they could not be responsible. The sheets were wet form the humidity, all our clothes were wet and breath mints turned into marshmellows. The staff just made us fill out a form and we literally got nothing. They would not even reimburse me for the internet I was forced to pay for cause my laptop was damaged. Security was also non-existent. They actually had someone sneak into the pool area and occupied the restroom for over a half an hour.

Other guest on our floor had a similar experience with humidity as well. I would never stay at a Marriott again unless it was hospice care.

• Disliked — Complete lack of understanding of the overall organization in problem resolution.
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2007

Good Points:-

Quiet
Very comfortable bed
Nice pillows
Shops and restaurant opposite the hotel
Got a promotional rate. Very good price.
Clean
Good room service breakfast

bad points:

You won't want to stay here unless you have a meeting nearby. This is at least 30 miles from NYC.
Doesn't seem to have a restaurant for breakfast

Overall:
Not many complaints

• Liked — Nice, quiet and clean
  • Disliked — Nothing much
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My husband & I spent an evening at the Bridgewater Marriott in September 2007. We were happy to get a room for $52/night on Priceline (though we were super impressed and would happily spend the weekend rack rate of $119 if Priceline doesn't have any rooms available).

The beds at the Marriott are much better than the ones that they have in their lesser chains (Courtyard, Fairfield, etc). The foam mattresses have a down topper that makes the bed so much more plush. Between that and the sumptous linens, I was perfectly happy to spend hours on end reading & watching TV in bed. We had a king room on one of the sides of the hotel. We heard no road noise from our room (439). The room was a bit small for a Marriott, but there was plenty of room for the two of us. The bathroom was huge, and the Bath & Body Works products were a nice touch.

Everyone we met was very friendly. The same woman who checked us in also checked us out the next day, and she was very friendly. We enjoyed the hot tub & the pool, and there were plenty of towels available. While we chose not to use the fitness center, it did have a lot of equipment & a water cooler.

The hotel is very convenient to the Bridgewater Mall (especially the new Village at Bridgewater shops) & the business park. For dining, there is a Maggiano's Little Italy & a Chipotle Mexican Grill at the Village, as well as a food court at the mall itself. There are two restaurants in the hotel that aren't priced too bad for a hotel restaurant, but we ventured out and found a TGI Friday's about 10 minutes from the hotel (note: aside from the two restaurants in the Village, the food court & the hotel restaurants, it's a bit of a hike to find anything). If you want to go out to eat aside from these places, I'd recommend doing some research before you come so that you know which way(s) to head.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend a few nights at this Marriott. It's a very nice property!

• Liked — The comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — The walls were a little thin & you could hear groups of rambuctious children often.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsKruse
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 28, 2007

This hotel is very "5 star". The room was very nice, great view, AWESOME beds, pillows and sheets. Big tv with plenty of channels, HUGE work desk and a massive bathroom w/ tons of amenities. Hotel staff was very professional and well dressed. Room and hall smalled crisp and fresh, rugs and carpet looked brand new..

But, anything else, you were nickel and dimed for. WiFi was $10 a day, to have a bowl of cereal and a milk sent to your room cost $5. Soda was $2+ a bottle. NO continental breakfast.. to just get cereal and milk yourself cost over $3 for a very small bowl. With the rate you pay for the room, you'd think something may be included, atleast wifi.

Pool was nice but only 5 feet deep, jacuzzi was nice but ive had better. Fitness center looked nice as well, but i dont work out. Business center was nice and well equipped but kinda vague on the pricing. They also had a PC where you can print your airline tickets, book rental cars and etc. Checkout was 12, which was very nice. Laundry service was also on site.

Overall, NICE room but everything else was just "ok". For the price, i think you can find better. There were a lot of
yippity" and "upscale" folks there. As a middle class guy, i felt very out of place.

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — Everything extra was over priced
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed August 27, 2007

$53 a night on Priceline. A true bargain! Perfect all around! Ample free parking. Beautiful grounds with a really nice business center, indoor pool, fitness room and spa. They also have laundry facilities for guest use. Free laundry soap and softener sheets. My only complaint is that the bellhop just watched us (and offered no assistance) as we unloaded the car and used his luggage cart to transport the bags to the room. If you want to avoid the high prices of the hotel's restaurants, a great nearby place we discovered is the Bridgewater Diner. The 3-star Priceline rating is actually low; should be higher.

• Liked — Amazing top-notch linens.
  • Disliked — Unhelpful bellman.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2007

I work in one of the office buildings adjacent to the Bridgewater Marriott and live 50 miles away. One evening recently, I decided to stay overnight at the Marriott after a long day at work rather than returning home to NYC. And the Marriott was a very pleasant surprise.

I walked in without a reservation, was given a cheerful welcome, offered a corporate rate for my employer ($179), and I was in my room 5 minutes later. The room, while traditional Marriott which isn't really my taste, seemed new and updated. The bed was very comfortable and I was able to relax quite quickly.

This hotel caters to business travellers during the week but I imagine it's pretty empty on weekends, so there may be deals at that time.

I have also eaten at the restaurant for lunch several times and I recommend that as well. It's not gourmet but it's pretty good for a hotel restaurant (recommend the crabcakes).

I have been recommending the Marriott to my colleagues and business travellers based on my experience. I hope others have as good an experience as I did.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Ted_NJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Bridgewater Marriott? Share your experiences!