“Fraudulent Promotion and Dirty Pool”

Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fraudulent Promotion and Dirty Pool”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Signed up for the bed and breafast promotion on the Hilton website.
Very disappointed when we went for breakfast and it was not free. During check in, the evening staff confirmed the free breakfast. The morning staff was not familiar with hotels own web promotion which stated free breakfast. After showing the morning manager the print out of the promotion, she said the promotion changed and was no longer valid and requested $11 for breakfast. Felt cheated.
The pool was very cloudy with visability was about 5 feet. God awful chlorine content.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bridgewater, NJ
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with a group of 13 other families. I worked with the manager to plan our reunion and both him and the staff made us feel extremely welcome and comfortable! I am very fussy about cleanliness and even a friend commented that we wouldn't be needing our Lysol as the rooms were so clean. The bedding was very comfortable and my entire family enjoyed their stay. We spent a few hours in the pool and the manager made sure that the staff had enough towels by the pool--every detail was taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to next year in this same location! For travelers--there are a lot of options for food and shopping in the area, easy access right in the area. Lastly--the breakfast was hot and fresh. We were able to have a fresh omelet made to order...and fresh orange juice--excellent breakfast!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank bonseye1
Bound Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2011

The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mcclintoc
Midwest, USA
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I am home as often as I am in a Hilton Garden Inn. The hotels are inexpensive but the restaurants are breakfast nooks. They rely on restaurant delivery services that cater from multiple local restaurants for a fee. This location is crippled by a disgusting abuse of a Monopaly situation. If you are hungary, walk a half mile to the local restaurant becuase delivery now service will take hours and hours and sarcast your complaints. If you plan on staying at this location, pack granola bars and a cantine for the walk.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
northeast US
Reviewed December 7, 2010

As most of my travel is business or for child's hockey games I have to say from a female perspective this was a pretty hotel. I didn't know what to expect due to the lower group rate we were given but you do get more than what you pay for. The ONLY reason I couldn't give a 5 was the wool mattress pads. They need to have few rooms which are "hypo-allergenic". I didn't realize what my problem was until I picked up the info on the bed. I knew it was something but couldn't figure out what, full rash, chest closed up, itching...ick. Staff did remove the top part of the mattress pads and changed our linens very prompty. I called the doctor - note close locale of Walgreens if necessary for a late script pick up. Close to a shopping center including Target and Costco plus other stores similar to these more mid to upscale strip malls as well as a McD's, Applebees and Chuck E Cheese for those with kids plus the Walgreens which stays open until ten pm which was great as I needed an emergnecy script filled. Staff was very pleasant, pantry adequately supplied if you didn't want to go out, clean ample parking. Rooms "roomy" our included an older microwave but it worked so who cares although it was funny my 13 year old had never seen one with a dial..and a small refrigerator. Breakfast was available for 11 per person but we didn't purchase due to an early game. Other Garden Inns usually have a nice one though. Room was quiet. I would stay again if I knew I could get a hypo allergenic room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank eastcoastgirlforever
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel always does a great job. I've stayed there mutliple times, and it's always clean, well-run and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I came to this hotel with my boyfriend so that we could relax out of our house for a change. We wanted to have some drinks and not have to drive anywhere as well. We were hapyp with our stay but displeased that there was no room service. We had to call outside restaurants, and go to the lobby to pick them up. That was not what we wanted. Also, the bartender that we had all night must have ripped us off because we drank a lot and got not even a buzz. He must not have been putting anything in our drinks, and for the price we payed it was so not worth it. I probably would not come back here unless it was the only place to stay. It was nice inside, and it was clean, however not really worth the money for what we were looking for.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!