“Nice place but beds and climate issues” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
“Nice place but beds and climate issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel and very friendly front dest staff. Our beds were not very comfortable ( and the adjustable feature on the bed didnt work)and the temperature swing in the room made us uncomfortable. Had to turn the AC on to cool off the room but the temp went back to 73 in the middle of the night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

After Hurricane Sandy , we were hit hard in Somerville, NJ and were told we had extreme circumstances and power would not be restored for at least 10 days plus. On October 30th while at work I was lucky enough to find a weekend stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I considered myself lucky due to the extreme number of displaced people throughout NJ.We lasted in our home with no power, heat etc for 5 days and the Hilton Inn was a welcome sight. My only wish was to extend my stay but they were full up for the week.I found the Front End Personnel professional and warm, our room clean and pleasant and the whole experience wonderful. Although a little loud from alot of people in an out that is not the fault of this gem! Restaurant staff was eager to please and worked hard to make everyone happy during this very stressful time.My only disappointment was having to leave and move to another hotel which ended up to be a nightmare to say the least. Thank God our power was restored on 11/7. Rachelle812

Room Tip: Our family stayed in a Junior Suite which is located very near the elevators, so although more noisy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rosalind512, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn – Bridgewater would like to thank you for your review after your recent stay at our Hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. If you have any comments that you would like us know about, please feel free to contact us directly. We realize that you do have a choice of hotels and would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn to be your home away from home and hope you will continue to do so. We love having you here!
Homestead, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I will never willingly stay here again. I am on a business trip and there is some sort of event happening in their event room on the first floor. I am on the third floor and can not hear myself think because the music is so loud. A call to the front desk revealed this event is scheduled until midnight. I, too, am a paying customer and a Hilton Diamond member to boot...this is unacceptable.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Bridgewater. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods we certainly do encourage for guests comfort and safety that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our staff to ensure that this is not an opportunity in the future. I do hope the next time you return to Bridgewater, you consider staying with us again.
Piscataway, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Another Hurricane Sandy hotel stay. 2 nights, very bleachy smell throughout the rooms and hotel. The people were nice and it was a clean room but overall it's nothing special and the rate is fair. Honestly, I would look for other hotels 1st but if I had to stay here I would. If not for the smell of the hotel, I would have enjoyed this place much more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. We do apologize for the inconvenient smell during your stay . Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We also realize that you do have a choice of hotels and would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn to be your home away from home and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

As a regular visitor to many Hilton Garden Inns around the country, I am very familiar with the chain and generally very pleased. Free and reliable internet in all rooms. Decent, reasonably priced breakfast. Room are sizable and bedding comfortable. Modest but reasonable pool and fitness room.

However, I found the staff at this HGI to be particularly frustrating. We arrived at the hotel early in the morning and were unable to check in early due to full occupancy. While this can happen, it later turned out that rooms had been available but that the staff was unable to be sufficiently flexible so as to give us a prepared room since the system had us listed in a different room. Furthermore, it ended up taking until after 13:30 to get a room even though most of the guests checked out by 9 and we had repeatedly checked back to see when we could get into a room. Even then, we had to stand and wait for 15 minutes while they verified that the room had in fact been cleaned.

In summary, stronger staff effort is needed to improve guest experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
East Brunswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Was very impressed with the hotel overall. More ammenities then they even had listed when I booked the room, clean, and friendly. The pool was small but both that and the hot tub were clean with plenty of towels. The room had a fridge and a microwave, even though it didn't say it would, and plenty of doors that you could park near where you were staying. The staff was quick, friendly and efficient. My only issue with my stay was the bed. When I first arrive it was as hard as a rock, would have rather slept on the floor. Then, we are a little slow, we read the notice on the bed explaining hoe to adjust the comfort level to softer or harder. We adjusted it all the way to soft, but it still wasn't comfy. Would definitely recommend the hotel. But you may need to jump on all the beds to find which one you like.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor which was perfect, quiet convienient. But I cannot image how people stay in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for an overnight during a baseball tournament at Diamond Nation. Room was beautiful. Had a microwave, refrigerator, free internet, coffee. Although I didn't get much time there, it was very clean and comfortable and if you are looking for a place to flop for the weekend, you can't go wrong here. My brief encounter with staff was friendly. Coffee shop in the lobby and McDonald's is right nearby if you prefer an Egg McMuffin.

Room Tip: Not much to ad here since this was just a quick overnight. The only thing I can add is to not book a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!