“HGI positives but service level requires improvement”

Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Israel
“HGI positives but service level requires improvement”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

As a regular visitor to many Hilton Garden Inns around the country, I am very familiar with the chain and generally very pleased. Free and reliable internet in all rooms. Decent, reasonably priced breakfast. Room are sizable and bedding comfortable. Modest but reasonable pool and fitness room.

However, I found the staff at this HGI to be particularly frustrating. We arrived at the hotel early in the morning and were unable to check in early due to full occupancy. While this can happen, it later turned out that rooms had been available but that the staff was unable to be sufficiently flexible so as to give us a prepared room since the system had us listed in a different room. Furthermore, it ended up taking until after 13:30 to get a room even though most of the guests checked out by 9 and we had repeatedly checked back to see when we could get into a room. Even then, we had to stand and wait for 15 minutes while they verified that the room had in fact been cleaned.

In summary, stronger staff effort is needed to improve guest experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
East Brunswick
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Was very impressed with the hotel overall. More ammenities then they even had listed when I booked the room, clean, and friendly. The pool was small but both that and the hot tub were clean with plenty of towels. The room had a fridge and a microwave, even though it didn't say it would, and plenty of doors that you could park near where you were staying. The staff was quick, friendly and efficient. My only issue with my stay was the bed. When I first arrive it was as hard as a rock, would have rather slept on the floor. Then, we are a little slow, we read the notice on the bed explaining hoe to adjust the comfort level to softer or harder. We adjusted it all the way to soft, but it still wasn't comfy. Would definitely recommend the hotel. But you may need to jump on all the beds to find which one you like.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor which was perfect, quiet convienient. But I cannot image how people stay in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
NY
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for an overnight during a baseball tournament at Diamond Nation. Room was beautiful. Had a microwave, refrigerator, free internet, coffee. Although I didn't get much time there, it was very clean and comfortable and if you are looking for a place to flop for the weekend, you can't go wrong here. My brief encounter with staff was friendly. Coffee shop in the lobby and McDonald's is right nearby if you prefer an Egg McMuffin.

Room Tip: Not much to ad here since this was just a quick overnight. The only thing I can add is to not book a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Wanted to stay here for a long time. The location is convenient to central NJ locations and down the road is the stadium for the Somerset Patriots. Plenty of shopping and dining is nearby.

The hotel lobby was clean and looked new. Our king size bedroom was clean and everything was in working order. The shower was comfortable. The TV had several channels available and the channel listing was extremely helpful. The bed was comfortable.

Front desk staff was not overly friendly, but the check-in process was without delay. When we arrived to our room, the door was ajar so we went down the hall and asked a housekeeping attendant who went to our room to double-check its readiness.

I often look to book hotels with indoor pools to use with my toddler. When we checked out the pool we found the area to be clean, but the water was foggy evident of poor filtering. The sauna water, however, was clear. I did jump into the pool prior to the sauna and found much sediment on the floor, and was glad not to have brought down my daughter. The sauna was refreshing. I did mention this to the front desk who assured me the pool was safe as it was checked the day prior.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor since it smelled of chlorine. We were on the second floor on th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Needed a hotel in NJ to stay for a family event...after looking at a number of Hilton locations on the web we chose the Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater. Very glad that we did. Nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds, good shower, decent breakfast. It also was in a good location for a family - had an Applebees, Chuck E Cheese, McDonalds, Target...and even a minor league baseball stadium on the same street. The ONLY minor complaint that I had was that the indoor pool (while swimmable - we were in there with the kids for a while!) the water was VERY cloudy to the point that I could barely see my feet...and the bottom of the pool felt a little gritty (like there was sand on the floor). It probably just needs a vacuum & maybe someone to just check the water ph levels.

But again - overall this was a great Hilton property! We will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When I travel on business I usually arrive late, tired from a long airline flight and leave early for a meeting. This means that I'm not looking for the same amenities that a leisure traveler might want. I want the check-in to be quick and efficient (it was -- friendly staff), the room to be clean and quiet (it was), the bed to be comfortable (it was -- adjustable firmness!), breakfast to be eatable (it was actually quite good, especially the breakfast burrito wraps), and efficient checkout (it was -- bill was under my door the morning of checkout and it was correct). The USA Today outside my door each morning was a bonus because I usually don't have time to turn the TV on. So, this hotel was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John-OKeefe
BridgewaterHGI, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
All of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn – Bridgewater would like to thank you for responding to the Hilton survey after your recent stay at our Hotel. The comments from our guests are very important to us so that we can find out if we are achieving our goals in providing service to you or so that we can find out how to improve our service. If you have any comments that you would like us know about, please feel free to contact us directly. We realize that you do have a choice of hotels and would like to thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn to be your home away from home and hope you will continue to do so.
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My sister and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel while we were in Bernardsville NJ for a workshop. From check-in to check-out it was a GREAT experience. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant everytime you walked passed them they said hello or goodbye have a nice day. Fantastic cookies! Room was very clean and the beds were comfortable you don't want to leave. We used the pool and hot tub every evening which was so nice to help relax after a busy day. While you have to pay for the breakfast buffet $10.95 it was worth every penny, fresh fruit, eggs and pancakes made to order, real home fries (not frozen) and lots and lots of bacon and sausage. Everyone at this Hilton Gardens Inn did everything to make our stay pleasant while we were away from home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in that area. It was well worth driving 25 min to our workshop.

Room Tip: We stayed in 217 which was end room so we didn't have any noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NMay151
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!