HYATT house Bridgewater
$125
$139
$139
$63
Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge(Basking Ridge)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
Courtyard
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenbasketball courtliving roommain buildingfire pitgallery hostno elevatordiamond nationflights of stairslong stayan extended staythird floorspecial thankstaking carehome away from homeomelettepleasant stay
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were required to stay at this hotel because of a baseball tournament at Diamond Nation, Flemington, NJ. The hotel was about 25 minutes away from the baseball venue in Bridgewater and we didn't mind the ride through the beautiful countryside. The hotel was great-we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which had two bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, livinging room, and 3 TV;'s. It was the perfect place to stay as a family. Everyone had their own space and it was very comfortable. The team enjoyed the outdoor pool and the parents enjoyed the outdoor seating area with firepit (although it was too hot to use it this past weekend). The workout facility was good as was the laundry room. I can see why others use this hotel for business travel and extended stays. It is conveniently located on rt 22 near lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Karen H

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a great review regarding our facility. We want to make sure that everyone has the comforts of home, including a TV in each room. This way the kids can watch what they want if its not family tv time. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our outdoor amenities and if you ever come back to our area we will be thrilled to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've been staying at this hotel for about 8 years now, 2-3 times a year. It's always worked out well, the rooms are well appointed, the staff responsive, and we've been happy. It is where we stay with our family to visit extended family. The hotel is near some business parks and has seemed to be primarily business travelers or folks like us in for weddings, etc.

This was our second stay there since the change to "Hyatt House" from "Summerfield Suites." We were very disappointed. The place was packed with extended families -- at first I was thrilled that the courtyard was being used as intended, people playing, eating/grilling and swimming. In the past, the inner courtyard was not being used very much. So many were swimming the first day that the pool was packed and my kids took one look and were like it's too crowded and didn't swim. The second day, the pool was mysteriously closed. The noise continued well after midnight, even after 1am, though and that was unacceptable -- we were on the third floor and my husband slept fine with his earplugs in but the kids were kept up.

The new "cocktail bars" installed in the lobby made it so that it was impossible to eat breakfast. The in room WIFI was so slow it might as well not have existed. When we gave up and went to the business "office" -- now a carel off the lobby instead of a room -- we found that those computers were not any faster and the printer was not PLUGGED IN! we couldn't print our confirmations that we needed that day, or our parking coupon for another event.

Several times we went to the front desk to find it unoccupied for lengthy periods of time, at one point giving up on service and another time asking the bartender instead to answer our question.

I sense this party atmosphere is what they were going for, as our room which was a 2-bedroom suite that could sleep 6, had one plate, and 2 glasses in the cabinet and I think 1 fork. We stay in rooms with kitchens to use them, but sadly that was hard to do this time.

In the past two weeks I've stayed in a Fairfield Suite, a Residence Inn and a Travelodge and this was by far the worst service I've had of the four. Also the worst beds as they were a bit saggy and the mattresses due for replacement.

This is a frustrating turn of events for a hotel that really worked well for us for a long time.

Room Tip: If they are trying for this party atmosphere and you are business traveler, definitely choose an outside room away from the courtyard/sport court/pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Hildie B.

Thanks you for visiting us and your comments. I sorry that your stay was less than you are accustomed to. I would like to reassure you that we are not a "party atmosphere" hotel. Since your stay we have ordered and replaced missing items from our rooms. We try to keep our cabinets stock with all the necessities you would need just as if you were home. Unfortunately there has been a few guests from the past who have helped themselves to our items, they were charged of course. Internet has recently been upgraded and and it is 5 times faster than what it use to be. Please know with your comments and reviews we will continue to improve our facilty so that all will be able to enjoy our amenities.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel for almost month and half during May-Jun 2013. As I was with family, I chose a single bedroom suite.

Check in was quick as my room was pre-booked. To go to our room, we needed to drive at the other end of the hotel and find the assigned room. Please note, this hotel is large and segregated into separate buildings into different blocks.

Room was nice, clean and spacious. Its kitchen was like a dream come true for anyone who likes cooking as it had all amenities needed to cook. It even had pans and utensils needed for cooking various items. The living area was nice with a large comfortable sofa. Bedroom had an attached bathroom and a large sink area.

They serve breakfast in the main building thus you need to walk a bit to get to that area. There are fairly large options available including live counter for hot omlettes. The staff is cheerful and always available to help.

When we stayed, they had a special program called "Evening social" where they served free snacks and drinks (including beer, wines). You could even take these to your room. This is something totally unexpected and was very much welcome.

The only drawback of this hotel was its location, which is away on the route 22. There is practically nothing in vicinity of 1 mile of the hotel. Thus if you need to buy anything, you need a car. They provide free shuttle to select locations but does not help a lot.

Overall I would rate my stay at this hotel at the highest tier primarily because of the service and hospitality provided to me and my family.

Room Tip: Choose rooms closer to the front desk as it has more activity around
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear call_gaurav,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a great review regarding our facility. The title of this review is the ultimate title, this is what we strive for her at the Hyatt House Bridgewater. We want to make sure that everyone has the comforts of home and that includes taking the stairs up to your room, if you have a multi-floor home. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the time with us and if you ever come back to our area we will be thrilled to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hyatt, within the past few years acquired the old Summerfield Suites chain and rebranded them Hyatt House.

I had always enjoyed this chain because the cost was the same as a Hilton or Marriott but with twice as much room. In fact these are like small apartments...full bedroom with bathroom (or two bedrooms each with a bathroom) a fully outfitted kitchen with refrigerator, full size oven and stovetop, dishes, dishwasher, microwave and garbage disposal. Having the refrigerator freezer is great because there's an ice maker and also a place to put left overs from your restaurant dinner the night before.

There are phones in each bedroom plus the kitchen. There's a living room with chairs and a couch and a large flat screen TV and DVD player.

The beds are comfortable, the shower pressure fantastic, and a compliment of toiletries including a small tube of Aquafresh toothpaste.

Check-in was fast and friendly. The room price includes a full hot breakfast buffet in the mornings. They used to offer a 'happy hour' in the afternoons with drinks and appetizers but I understand that at least this location has discontinued this added feature. I'm not sure if the others in the chain have also discontinued this. The breakfast is pretty good, usually consisting of scrambled eggs, potatoes, and either french toast or pancakes, and either bacon, sausage, or ham (they alternate the choices each day).

Other features I didn't check out were the pool and fitness center. There's also a basketball court in the courtyard behind the main checkout lobby building.

High speed wireless Internet is INCLUDED...strange (and welcomed!!) for a hotel chain which usually charges between $8-$10 at the regular Hyatt's.

I have ONE main complaint and that's the fact that these rooms are on three levels and the only way to get to the second or third levels is to climb the steps. There are no elevators. I suggest that if you are making reservations you call ahead and try to request a first floor room.
When I'm traveling the last thing I want to do is being carrying my luggage, laptop, and hanging bag with suits up two flights of steps.

Outside of the one complaint these are well worth the price. If you're going to pay $150/night for a hotel room, why stay at a regular Marriott, Hilton, or Hyatt. Choose the Hyatt House!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first level when you make your reservations. I'm not sure they accommodate, but if they can you'll save yourself from walking up flights of steps.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear djschwar,

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome and very detailed review. Its guest such as yourself that make this job very pleasureable. I'm glad that we are able to offer all the amenities that meet your needs. I do apologize if my desk agents failed to offer you luggage assistance but please always feel free to ask for assistance with your bags. We know we don't have elevators so we try to compensate by helping with your bags. But again thank you for the great review and we all hope to service you in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Despite the fact that we spent one night during a heat wave in a room without AC and then met with indifference from the front desk clerk about our poor night's sleep, I still liked this place. The rooms are modern and almost stylish. The bedding is nice. The kitchen is great, complete with great appliances and a little booth for eating. We didn't eat anything but I can see why a family would find it convenient.

The toiletries are nifty. The shower has plenty of pressure and hot water. The breakfast buffet is pretty bad if you stray from cold cereal and yogurt and coffee but it's free so who can complain?

The pool is tiny but plenty nice, and the gym is perfectly acceptable. Don't plan on going for a run outside though as it's highway all around. Very depressing stuff.

I would stay at this hotel again as it's probably the best in the area, and very pleasant at that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear wellheeledboston,

Thanks you for visiting us and your comments. I'm sorry you were disturbed by the AC unit and offer my apologies. We do replace a number of units every year, and I am sorry that your room's A/C had to be one those that failed during your stay. I'm truly glad you were still able to enjoy and appreciate all the other amenities that we have to offer. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.