“Ok For A One Night Stay”

HYATT house Bridgewater
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hyatt House is an interesting setup. The layout really is more like an apartment/condo setup with separate buildings and a central check-in and eating area.

While this would not have been my first choice, I was traveling on business and had to stay here. The check-in process was smooth, but my first impression was that the lobby was out of date and very "motel" like. It was bitter cold out, so the walk to my room (on the 3rd floor) was not that pleasant. The rooms all face outside, so lights and noise can have an effect.

The rooms themselves were nice. Recently updated, there is a seating area, kitchen and bedroom. Once I kicked the heat up, it was actually quite comfortable. I did not make use of too many things as I was there for a quick overnight. The amenities (shampoo, soap) were sub-par in my opinion.

Up early the next morning and headed back to the main building for breakfast. My first thought was "wow, this would really stink if it was raining out.....". Luckily for me, it was just bitter cold. Breakfast was nothing special at all. In fact, I began to wonder why I (well, my company) was paying $160 for a one night stay. The hot food items were really awful and so I stuck with the fruit (was not fresh), juice, toast and coffee.

Sorry I can't provide a more thorough review, but this was all I could muster up....not very exciting.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing a couple flights of stairs, the third floor may be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank technobie
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear technobie:

I would like to first thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review. Reviews like yours will up future guest understand our layout and accomodations. I'm glad you enjoyed our newly renovationed Suites and I'm also sorry that our new amenities (shampoo, soap) came after your departure. We have also began upgrading our Guest House, aka. lobby, so we can offer our guest the NEW full service H Bar and a new modern look to our decor. We know the first impression can make a difference and after these renovations that will surely be accomplished. Once renovations are completed there will be talks about changing up our breakfast to make it more enjoyable for our guest in the new dining area.
Also please note that if it is ever raining the front desk will have umbrellas for our guest to borrow.

Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope that you will one day decide to return to enjoy our newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed here while visiting relatives in the area for years. Even with the recent facelift the facilities are only OK and it didn't address the basic structural problems. For instance, you can't use the desk chair in the second bedroom because there isn't enough room to pull it out before hitting the bed and the outside lights are on timers that do not correspond to reality. (This has been a problem on our last two stays. The hotel is often in complete darkness at sunset or sunrise which makes negotiating those steps an issue.)

On the other hand, the rooms are always clean and some of the front desk people are amazing: calm; professional; and willing to assist in any way they can. If you get one of them, your stay will be good-if not, well better luck next time.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank clfamilyindc
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear clfamilindc,

Thank you very much for your kind words and 5 star rating from your recent stay with us.. All of the front desk staff are terrific and inspires all of the other departments to do their best with every guest, every day. I will be sure to notify our Cheif Engineer about the lightning. Thanks you again for your acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will be our guest and let us serve you here again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The rooms were clean large and comfortable. The front desk personnel were professional and friendly. Why did I give it 3 stars? The hotel is made up of separate 3 floor buildings which makes it look like a condo complex. So far so good. The problem is there are no elevators so anyone on the 2nd or 3rd floor must climb up wooden stairs. I was on the ground floor furthest buliding and learned quickly that people dragging luggage up and down stairs make a lot of noise. If you wanted to go the gym/ breakfast dining area I had to walk a city block outside ( cold and raining). The breakfast was not worth the walk through the rain. The location of the hotel is about 2 miles away from the food/shopping areas

Room Tip: 3rd floor should have no stair noise but you have to climb them.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MisterMet
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear MisterMet

Thanks you for the comments about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and service we provide. We understand your disappointment with the style of the hotel. Some see it as a con rather than a pro wich is completely understandable. I'm sure other guest will appreciate your room tip when staying with us and know that it is 2 flights of stairs they will have to go up for the 3rd floor. I hope the experience hasn't deter you away from staying with us again. Now that you know how the layout is we will be more than happy to honor your request of location. So I trust you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Going to keep the review as objective as possible:

Pros:

1) Big suites
2) Very good amenities
3) Extremely well equipped kitchen
4) Good parking space

Cons:

1) Really slow internet - you'll get frustrated
2) The in-room printing doesn't work
3) If you don't know printer troubleshooting, you will not be able to print in the business center
4) Very limited breakfast and evening social menu

Like I said, not a place to stay if you're visiting for business but for leisure, it is a good place to stay!

Room Tip: Go for a corner suite on the ground floor - generally bigger and quiter. The hotel does not have ele...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear XtremeTraveller84,

Thank you very much for posting your comments and recommendation about our hotel. Travel can be full of pros and cons. After our renovations we hope to lessen the cons you have listed. We will be relocating and upgrading our business center and with the new H Bar we will be able to provide a little bit more variety. We look forward to our next opportunity to show you how we have made the change to serve you and fellow business travelers here.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

An excellent stay while visiting extended family over Thanksgiving weekend. My husband booked a one bedroom king suite with a pullout couch for the kids. Upon check-in we were immediately upgraded to a two bedroom two bath suite. The suite was spacious and spotless. Breakfast was hot, plentiful with some great perks like a wide section of Tazo teas. All for $116 per night. There is no reason to be crammed in your in-laws house. Just book at Hyatt House.

• Stayed: November 2012
Dontavius R, Guest Relations Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Jennifer35,

That was an awesome review and advertisement! If you like I can try and get you our marketing team. But with all kidding aside we greatly appreciate the comments. We love surprising guest with free upgrades when we can and to be able to give to a wonderful family who really needs it is a bonus for us. Thanks again and we hope to have you stay with us the next time you are in Bridgewater, NJ area.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Spent a three-night stay for business. Lobby and room were clean, comfortable and modern. Hotel website does not make it clear that guests are expected to schlep their own luggage up three flights of stairs. I requested a room on a lower floor and the sullen front desk staff said no. Not what I expected of a Hyatt-branded property in 2012.

Had rooms been available elsewhere, I would have switched hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear lilac11wine

Thank you for your review and comments about your past stay with us. Travel can be full of pros and cons, and we want to be part of the pros for all our guests. Unfortunately the lack of elevators is a con for those that have a third floor room. I do apologize for my Desk Agent who reponded with the word no. No has now been taking out of our vocabulary as we strive to provide excellent service to each and every guest. We look forward to another opportunity to show you that service. Thank you

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and lovely rooms but with the hurricane the power was lost, there was no communication with advise about what we should do, and we had to go and ask for a light and were given a glow light
When asked about a discount for the lack of lights no cooking utensils and our food in the fridge going off as well as cold showers No discount was offered!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear dexter006,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with us, and offer my sincere apologies. Unfortunately we were not accustomed to hurricanes of that magnatitude here in New Jersey.All we can do is learn from our mistakes and continue to grow, so I can assure you we are now well prepared and trained for any future storms. Please accept my sincere apologies, and feel free to contact me at dontavius.richardson@hyatt.com if you would like to disuss this further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
Bridgewater Marriott
#4 of 5 in Bridgewater
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville

Been to HYATT house Bridgewater? Share your experiences!