“No elevators!!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
New York
“No elevators!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Spent a three-night stay for business. Lobby and room were clean, comfortable and modern. Hotel website does not make it clear that guests are expected to schlep their own luggage up three flights of stairs. I requested a room on a lower floor and the sullen front desk staff said no. Not what I expected of a Hyatt-branded property in 2012.

Had rooms been available elsewhere, I would have switched hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dontavius R, Guest Relations Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear lilac11wine

Thank you for your review and comments about your past stay with us. Travel can be full of pros and cons, and we want to be part of the pros for all our guests. Unfortunately the lack of elevators is a con for those that have a third floor room. I do apologize for my Desk Agent who reponded with the word no. No has now been taking out of our vocabulary as we strive to provide excellent service to each and every guest. We look forward to another opportunity to show you that service. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
townsville
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and lovely rooms but with the hurricane the power was lost, there was no communication with advise about what we should do, and we had to go and ask for a light and were given a glow light
When asked about a discount for the lack of lights no cooking utensils and our food in the fridge going off as well as cold showers No discount was offered!

• Stayed October 2012
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear dexter006,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with us, and offer my sincere apologies. Unfortunately we were not accustomed to hurricanes of that magnatitude here in New Jersey.All we can do is learn from our mistakes and continue to grow, so I can assure you we are now well prepared and trained for any future storms. Please accept my sincere apologies, and feel free to contact me at dontavius.richardson@hyatt.com if you would like to disuss this further.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is warm and engaging. The rooms are quite nicely appointed with all of the comforts of home. We were surprised at the availability of the sundries, wine, etc. Great offerings! The breakfast was very good with hot/cold selections presented in a pretty central dining area. The front desk staff was professional, friendly and processed incoming guests quite quickly. Overall, we were impressed.

Room Tip: The hotel is pet friendly and you should ask for a room near the pet walking area for convenience.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DebH50
Dear DebH50,

I would like to first Thank you for the wonderful comments. That is a great Tip you have given fellow tripadvisor readers. I'm sure it will benefit a lot of our guest who have traveld with their pets. We hope to have you stay with us soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The HYATT house Bridgewater, NJ is a convenient option if you're in town for business as it's very close to the major companies in the area. I stayed for 1 night and the rooms which I believe have been recently renovated were very clean and modern. The bed was comfortable and the room was immaculate. I'll also agree with a previous reviewer that the night receptionist named Allysa seemed to be ill informed on HYATT goldpassport member privileges and had general surly disposition. I have plans to stay at the HYATT house Bridgewater again in the near future and without hesitation would recommend this hotel if you're in Bridgewater for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dontavius R, Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your response and feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel! I would like to apologize for the lack of information provided by our Guest service agent, after a few training sessions I can assure you that her knowledge and dispostion has improved greatly. We also like to thank you for any and all recommendations because it is guest like you who make our job great.
Cornwall on Hudson, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a great place! The rooms are equipped with full kitchens, free WiFi and there's an awesome - free - breakfast buffet. I had a minor reservation-related problem, which was handled beautifully by the front desk staff. Kudos for the huge rooms, which are well-appointed, and the delicious breakfast. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2012
Howard_Spellman, General Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear notmdnp,

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel! I do apologize for any mix up with your reservation, but was glad to see that we were able to correct it quickly for you. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed this past weekend for a family wedding. Hotel was clean, pool was smaller than expected but the kids enjoyed themselves. I really like the fact that the rooms were made to accommodate families by having enough beds (we had two queens and a sleeper sofa). Bathrooms are on the small side but functional. Breakfast offered many choices, all was fresh and hot.

The transportation to and from the Bridgewater Manor (where the wedding was) was conveniently made by the wedding party. Unfortunately, they only offered one time to depart and one time to return. The air conditioning on the bus (charter size) that was used for the bulk of the guests was broken. After spending time getting ready, hair, make up, etc., all was undone in the 15 minute sauna of a bus ride (over 90 degrees on bus). Guests who missed the bus were afforded a trip in an air conditioned hotel van (winners!).

Some of the guests were ready to leave the party at 11:30pm but had to wait for the bus to come back at 12:30. While we knew the pick up time before leaving the hotel, we did not make alternate arrangements to get back. Big mistake! When I called the hotel and requested an early pick up, the person on the phone suggested that the bus would be there in 15 minutes or so. I asked for a van and he was non-committal. 45 minutes later, the bus and two vans showed up. We quickly tried to hop into a van and were told it was for the wedding party only. I later overheard the van drivers stating, "Load the bus first, we don't want to be making trips back and forth." Guess what? The bride, groom and entire wedding party came on the big bus and the vans went back EMPTY!

Even though I didn't arrange or pay for the transportation we were offered, I still believe that Hyatt fell short here. It was not in line with my past Hyatt experiences and not what I expected. At the minimum, they could have offered to call a taxi for us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face basketball court/pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Howard_Spellman, General Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear vscavo,

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the shuttle service. We contracted an outside company due to the size of the group. I wil definitely express my dissatisfaction with their service and think twice about using them again in the future. We unfortunately don't have drivers scheduled late, so it was not possible for us to pick you up early. However, the offer to call you a cab was definitely reasonable. I will speak to my staff to make sure they are doing their best to take care of such requests. I hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.
MUMBAI
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed there for 2 weeks in 2008 on a business trip to the USA. Nice place but away from the main county.

Room Tip: I stayed in a service apartment which was fully equiped.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Howard_Spellman, General Manager at HYATT house Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
#4 of 6 in Bridgewater
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to HYATT house Bridgewater? Share your experiences!