“Very good diner experience”
Review of Bridgewater Diner

Bridgewater Diner
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Very good diner experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Let's face it, a diner is a diner, and in NJ, they're a dime a dozen. I have been to the Bridgewater Diner many times in the six years that I have lived in the area, and it's one of my favorites. I usually go with the hubby and kids. It's usually busy at peak dining times so we like to go during the off times.

I particularly love their breakfast food, and their pancakes are fantastic. My husband almost always gets the chicken parm dinner and the portion is quite large (all their portions are large) and he finds it tasty. The service has always been better than average, and occasionally exceptional.

• Visited August 2013

Weddington, NC
“Bridgewater Diner is Okay”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were hungry. We were driving around at 6:30 in the morning, looking for someplace to get breakfast. We whizzed right by the Diner going east, so I swung around and came back on the west-bound side.... like Kamikaze Alley!!! Of course, being in North Carolina for 10 years has dropped my amazing ability to dart between a brick wall and a moving van at 75 miles per hour, but then having to make a sharp left into the lot....well, I didn't make it happen and shot beyond the Diner and then looped east again, this time darting into the parking lot. We parked, walked in and were immediately seated in a booth--I guess everyone wants a booth in a Diner! Our waitress came to our table quickly, dropped the menus, asked if we wanted coffee and/or juice. She came back with the drinks, and we'd decided so we ordered. At that point, I observed the waitress take care of 4 or 5 booths and a couple of tables, and she was in total command! It was delightful watching her make everyone smile and filling cups, taking dishes away, and delivering bills. Our food came very quickly. I was all set to bite into my favorite thing in a diner...a Taylor Ham and fried egg on a hard roll. It was delicious! (I'd not had one for over 4 years.) Hot as the dickens, but sooooo good. When the waitress came back to ask the mandatory "Is everything okay?" I, with a mouth full of food, said "Mmmphs", which is a yes. She refilled the coffee cups without being asked, and I then conversed with her which led me to ask her if she was the owner, because, I told her, she acted like she was... and instead of getting huffy, she came right back and said the $5 tip response: "I should be, I do everything here but count the register!" The banter continued for a full 10 minutes, then she fled. It was good entertainment and good food. I would recommend it if you can get into the parking lot!

• Visited June 2013
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Stay home!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Where do I begin? Being rushed to order by our waitress (we were first time patrons and the menu is huge!)?, or with the lackluster egg cream (her first, she admitted)?, or with the fact that she delivered pastichio tony companion instead of lasagne, because "they look the same."
She also swore the kitchen could prepare a rare burger and delivered one well done.

The cheese sandwich and soups were fine.
We won't be back

• Visited May 2013
Millington, New Jersey
“Not the REAL Bridgewater Diner”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was originally the FELIX #9 Diner and before that The Amber Bar & Grill. The food and service hasn't changed since it was the Felix #9. There are much better choices in the area and you don't have to risk getting hit by drivers whizzing past you on route 22 as you try to enter or exit the parking lot.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“great jersey diner”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been going to the diner for 30 years. It used to be called Felix9 " back in the day". I' ve been for breakfast lunch diner midnight snacks 4 am food. I' ve been alone and with 30 people after events . my family loves it .4 of us two daughters that the staff all know . The choices are incredible probably a 15 page menu with 16 daily specials. Obviously a diner breakfast served All day 24 hours. Omlets of any type.great French toast with halah bread, pancakes one daughters fav..you cannot beat the price for the volume of food. Soup salad bread included with most meals and Dessert delicious cakes pies pudding or tapioca. The food quality I think is good. sometimes veggies are a little mushy and overlooked ( mixed). I had a seafood platter this Friday that had two filet of haddock 8 scallops 6 fantail shrimp , a crab stuffed clam and a cheese stuffed tomatoes. I got four meals out of it . It's our go to place when we want to go out not fancy and fast We go at least once a month

• Visited April 2013