“not the best around but would try again”
Review of Milano Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Milano Grille
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“not the best around but would try again”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The reception was slow and not very welcoming, while the restaurant was far from full. Our special of the day starter wasn't great and gave me little resemblance to anything I've eaten in Milano, Italy in the years I've spend a lot of time there.
Our drinks were forgotten twice after we only ordered them with the food, not before. Our order was taken after more than 20 hours after being seated.
Both our seafood and pasta entrees were tasty and authentic tasting which made up for a lot.
The entourage wasn't particular cozy but functional and the wall decoration made up a bit for the furniture.
We are far from convinced but might try it again.

• Visited October 2013

NJ
“Bottom line - great food.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've probably been to Milano Grille 30 times in the past few years. I go for the food - bottom line. Yes the service can be a little slow. My wife and I kid each other to make sure we save our conversation until we get to the restaurant as we know we will be spending about 2.5+ hours there. However the food makes up for the sometimes slow service. This past Saturday night the place was packed, so this place no longer is a secret. I believe that the negative reviews are from people that get frustrated with the time it takes to get their meals. However if you know going in what to expect, you will enjoy great food in a nice atmosphere. For me it's about the food and I will keep on returning.

• Visited October 2013
New York, New York, United States
“Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently hosted a rehearsal dinner for 48 guests. Alex, the owner, and the staff were attentive to us and our guests throughout the evening. When planning the party Alex made us feel like family and kept his promise to take great care of us and our guests. Milano Grille is a BYO. We had beer and wine delivered the day before and our guests were met with wine and beer that were appropriately chilled. Although there wasn't a service charge for serving the beer and wine, the staff was diligent in clearing empty bottles from the tables and making sure our guests had the drinks they wanted. Our guests had a choice of a variety of main course dishes, that were all delicious and generous portions. Penne pasta in vodka sauce was served as the first course, which many of our guests said was the best they ever had. We have eaten here before and the food was just as delicious when cooking for this large group as when we ate here alone. Our guests never felt rushed, even those that stayed beyond the closing of the restaurant. We definitely recommend this restaurant for both a dinner out and a private party. Thank you Alex and all of your staff for getting the wedding weekend off to a great start! E & R

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank EllenRick831
Somerset, New Jersey
“Private Party”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was there only once for a private party. Service wasn't the quickest but it was responsive to our needs. Food was very good and served promptly. We were a party of about 20 and I am planning on making reservations for another private party. By the way my wife is Italian and an excellent cook. The food at Milano Grille was close to hers.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Michael D
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Date nite trying new place”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

First, dont believe the previous negative reviews. The owner Alex and all the staff are so wonderful. Its a family runned place. It didnt start off well, because when we first got there, there was a man dressed up screaming at man in front? ( finding out later that the one man was Alex(owner sweet man) and the man screaming was a customer) The screaming customer was completely wrong!! The screaming customer had a Communion party of 80 people and was suppose to be done before dinner started in the restaurant. It was past 630pm, so Alex seated a family in the corner of the room and this customer freaked out. He was so out of line screaming like a crazy man at Alex. We had a reservation for 730pm and had to wait 40 minutes because of this pathetic man. People behind me were waiting also about 4 families and they were getting upset until I told them about this ignorant man that was selfish. Well once we got seated the food was fabulous and also the service. Alex was upset that we had to wait so they sent out complimentary salads and desert at the end. It is a BYOB, and it is a great place, They also have outdoor seating just was a bit cold that night. Will def go back with my family again. Also if you want to change a dish on menu, they will do anything to accomadate your taste buds. Will go back real soon loved it! Alex is amazing on how he was so professional when this screaming customer was screaming at him causing a scene in place!!! Try this place you will love it!!

• Visited May 2013