“great food but this time we had poor service”

Maggiano's - Bridgewater
Reserve with OpenTable
Maggiano's - Bridgewater is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are 10 minutes away from Somerville Train Station & the NJ Transit Bus line comes to Bridgewater Commons Mall.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We went here for lunch last weekend, as it’s one of our favorite places, and actually the place of our first date. The food is always very good here. We both got the chicken parmesan, which is well worth it to order at Maggiano’s. We enjoyed our meal, as we always do here, and will definitely be back for the chicken parmesan very soon.

My biggest complaint this time was the service. Our waiter was a very bad waiter. He took forever to bring us drinks, getting refills, didn’t happen, and we had to remind him a few times to get bread, asked for more, and we never saw it. When we were ready to leave, it took three request to get the check.

I could understand this poor service if they were busy, but it was very empty, and it looked like he was only servicing four tables, so I’m not too sure what he was doing. Aside from the poor service, the food was great, and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We received a coupon to try Maggiano's for lunch, so we went down to Bridgewater, and ordered off the lunch menu, where you order one dish to eat in, and they give you one to take home for later. Our waiter explained the deal, so we went with that.

There were two problems. I ordered whole wheat pasta, which was on the menu, and the chef didn't have any ready, so it took 45 minutes to be served. People who arrived 30 minutes after us were eating before us, and our order was very simple.

Then, we ordered whole wheat spaghetti and meatballs to go. The chef packed regular penne pasta instead in our take home dishes. We never checked while we were at the restaurant, and didn't realize it until the next day when we sat down to eat. I cannot eat processed flour, so we ended up throwing both dishes out. Very poorly done by the cooking staff. If they did't have it ready, they could have at least told us, instead of trying to trick us, and send us home with something that would get tossed anyway.

To my followers:

CHECK YOUR TAKE-HOME MEAL to make sure it i yours. They may do this quite often, but no one complains. If you decide to visit his restaurant, and there is something wrong, make sure you tell the manager. Otherwise, they will continue t make mistakes. I prefer Carraba's in Watchung.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food, no doubt. I find the service a little rushed and frantic. I brought my family there for a birthday celebration and was told we could only have the pay one price family style option - which my elderly aunts and parents did not want - they could not eat all of that food and only wanted to order more simple fare. It was a nosebleed to get the server to yield to our wishes and we had to call the manager over to make this happen. Apparently there is a clause that says when there is more than a certain number, you must get the family style - which is insane! What's the difference? Also - on a recent Christmas Eve incident, I ordered a chopped salad to go to complete my own dinner festivities we were having at home, I picked it up at the designated time - and was told "you already picked up that order." to which I replied - I am not that senile :-). As it turns out they gave my order away to someone else and did not offer to make me another one. Two hours after I left, they called to say that someone had returned the salad and they wanted to know if I wanted to pick it up - I laughed and told them we had already done the dishes. No offer of any compensation or to make another salad. Just well - sorry about that. Not cool.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have dined here several times before with a group of ten family members. The service was quite good although the waiter was big into upselling which we found annoying. Please don't try to tell us what to order. We also found it to be quite expensive this visit, especially the wine and beer. The restaurant is extremely noisy which makes conversation problematic.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We ate here on Thanksgiving 2013. We were on a family trip for the holiday when I thought to myself I wonder if Maggiano's is open tonight. They were and we were not disappointed. The food and service was great as usual. The restaurant had a limited menu to choose from for the holiday. The bruschetta, ham, sweet potatoes, and cheese ravioli all were great. Then dessert, the pumpkin cheesecake and the apple pie were absolutely wonderful