“Don't get the veal”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for dinner, appearance wise the restaurant was okay. My husband ordered the special of the night, hot roast beef open faced with mashed potatos. I ordered the veal dinner. Our salads came out in a timely fashion. However we waited 30 minutes after finishing the salads for the rest of the meal-our waitress explained that the kitchen needed to make more mashed potatos (poor kitchen planning). What I received was a massive bowl of pasta flooded in underseasoned (straight from the can?) marinara(?). Between a sickening amount of melted cheese, swimming in the tomato sauce were three hard, dry, processed veal patties.

If my husband had not enjoyed his meal, I would have given lower marks. I was assured by my in-laws after relating this, that their subs and pizza are always good. But they also noted they do not order dinners.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

food was fresh and hot staff could have been more attentive and the atmosphere was dated and needed freshening up

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I told myself that if they were on TA, I'd review them. I work nearby Carmelo's, so it's a frequent lunch stop. The food here is really delicious! No matter what I've gotten, or tasted from others' plates, it's been good. I've had their spinach salad, which was so fresh and flavorful. I've had their Bistro Chicken Ciabatta sandwich special the other day and could not believe how tasty it was. I've had their pizza, which is good too, but they shine in other areas. I've sat in and the service is quick and decent. I've never had an issue with the staff or overall cleanliness of the place.

I normally do pickup after I've called it in or ordered online. The online feature is really convenient, although it was a little difficult to navigate at first. The only downpoint to this feature is that specials cannot be ordered online, although they are displayed. Perhaps you can, but I haven't figured it out. They are the real deal as far as I'm concerned when it comes to pizzeria food. Any place that can do a variety of dishes well will always be in business as far as I'm concerned. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'm not going to be ordering from these people any more. Our pizza and wings was 25.00!! for a medium pizza and ten wings!! The pizza was cold and burnt on the bottom and the wings were floating in grease. Get a frozen pizza (like digiorno) and make yourself...you'll be better off!!

1  Thank lilgoyl67
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We love the strombolis and calzones from here. Have never tried delivery, only picked up. They'll accommodate special requests if you make them clear, too.